• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Emergency Medical Responders Stats for 2003

Medic

TRIBE Member
Just in case some of you are unaware of what we do, here the stats for 2003. We also work at sporting events like bike races etc. but I've kept those figures out of this list....

Stats for 2003

Rave/Music events Emergency Medical Responders have attended Since JAN. 1st 2003 until December 31st 2003.

Total events attended = 27
Total number of people treated/monitored = 64
Total number of people treated aged 19 or over = 46
Total number of people "ill" (OD, Heat, fainting, medical conditions etc.) = 39
Total number of people "injured" (physical injury) = 25
Total number of ambulance transports to hospital = 11

Just keeping you informed...

--------------
Adam :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blood startin' to spill? Feelin' ill? Messed up on a pill? or just need to chill?

We're there...

Emergency Medical Responders -
"Where do you need us?"

vinder

TRIBE Member
or it could just indicate that those under 19 didn't seek help edit as readily

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
i guess it's been a while since i've been to a big party(if they still even have big parties). most of the events i've seen of late have been 19+ and i haven't seen as many 12 year-old "ravers" as i used to.

then again i have no idea what the kids are into these days so maybe i am wrong.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Syntax Error
i guess it's been a while since i've been to a big party(if they still even have big parties). most of the events i've seen of late have been 19+ and i haven't seen as many 12 year-old "ravers" as i used to.

then again i have no idea what the kids are into these days so maybe i am wrong.
They're all into Eminem and looking at "sport compact racer" magazines with dreams of suping up their very own civic.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
So that's 1 place event every two weeks. That's not that bad actually.
Is it me or are these numbers lower than expected?
Obviously, 0 would be preferred but this ain't that bad. Hm. Interesting.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Medic

TRIBE Member
I see the point regarding <19 or >19 seeking assistance more or less often but most of our encounters were because we found them or they were brought to us by security. There were a few brought in by the sensible friends but the ages varied greatly. Bear in mind also that all 27 events were "all ages". Right now the 19+ parites don't usually bother with EMRs on site.

The fact is then, from our experience, the more frequent occurrences were attributed to the 19+ age group. My take on this seemingly strange stat is that easy access to alcohol IN ADDITION to the regular "recreational" pharmaceuticals may be a factor. They also seem braver (although not smarter) about trying out mixes of more than one substance.

-------------
Adam :)

Medic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
So that's 1 place event every two weeks. That's not that bad actually.
Is it me or are these numbers lower than expected?
Obviously, 0 would be preferred but this ain't that bad. Hm. Interesting.
These are events in which the promter or Venue contracts us to be there, on site. We are a volunteer group and do not work for the city.

The numbers aren't terrible but they don't really paint the full picture. Some parties had no-one treated, others had up to 9 including 3 sent to hospital.

In not in 2002 we had one event where we treated 22 people including 7 that went to hospital. There were only 1500-1800 people there! It was a bad batch of K.... That was a BUSY night! I still have nightmares!

:eek:

----------
Adam

smilez

TRIBE Member
I am curious how things have changed for you since G has left the scene, since that was a huge cause for emerg calls while it was around.

Melissa

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by smilez
I am curious how things have changed for you since G has left the scene, since that was a huge cause for emerg calls while it was around.
I would say that alcohol + G was the problem, not G by itself.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
In fact, looking at the stats (i.e. 19+ being more common), it would seem that alcohol is the drug of choice for morons.

skyparty

TRIBE Member
since i've been so "out of it" or something...

G left the scene? why did people move on or can you even get it anymore? i mean i have never tried G, so i don't know...

and are there newer versions of it?
because i swear to god i have some stories in the past year or so that i could tell you that would make me think my drink was spiked with SOMEthing...

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by skyparty
because i swear to god i have some stories in the past year or so that i could tell you that would make me think my drink was spiked with SOMEthing...
It's the best excuse for doing anything you want, with anyone you want, removing all guilt (or so you think), removing all responsibility...

"My drink was spiked..."

smilez

TRIBE Member
G left the scene a couple moths ago, maybe more(?) because the chemical used to make it was banned. now to make it you have to do through some really difficult/dangerous chemical reactions to make it.

correct me if I'm wrong PosTMOd

Melissa

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
I suppose one would have to jump through some hoops now to make it, as opposed to before when it was just one hoop...

I just wish it was still around-- I sure could use an alcohol substitute every once in a while.