1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

eleven @ td centre and courtyard

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Klubmasta Will, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

definitely one of the most interesting parties of the year.

multiple rooms and DJs, gorgeous, eclectic crowd, super expensive but damn tasty drinks, some of the best lights and visuals in recent memory, pounding beats and good friends.

nothing beats dancing under the stars. i think this is the first time we've ever done it in the heart of the financial district.

highlight was jo jo flores playing from a two-storey stage in the TD courtyard to a pounding dancefloor. it was interesting to see people running around with drinks in the underground concourse. as party venues go, i cannot think of a more interesting space.

met some very interesting people and saw some friends that i hadn't seen in years.

can't wait for the next one.

2. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

i didn't know there were stars in toronto? :confused:

3. chickpea

chickpea TRIBE Member

what was this event exactly? we walked by and it looked great - thought it was a car launch or something with the lights shining on the Audi...

4. djcheezwhiz

djcheezwhiz TRIBE Member

i thought the same thing when i was taking the street car by the td ctr earlier in the evening...it looked like a beautiful set-up, but like heather mentioned it looked like a car launch...but i guess if you plopped a goldclub party down in the heart of td centre, it would look like a cigarette launch party...

jc

5. DjCao

DjCao TRIBE Member

DAMN !!!!!

:mad:

Why nobody - or just me- knew about it ???

Hell i miss it...

:(

6. Klubmasta Will

the cars were just out front, not in the party. (i don't think the car companies were part of the event, but i may be wrong.)

the party itself was by www.artistgrouplimited.com which is a group of fashion companies - clothing designers, fashion magazines, model agencies, fashion television, hair-dressers, make up people, set designers, interior decorators, etc.

there was very little actual corporate branding inside the party, other than 'fashion television' and 'the hump' which had their names in their visuals.

7. Gizmo

Gizmo TRIBE Member

I had a really good time as this event. Was very funny partying in the TD Tower Complex.

The production put into this party was amazing. Right from the raised dj booth in the courtyard, the crossword puzzle type lit up dance floor, the ice sculptures forming a perimeter around the outside area, the stewardesses in the 1950's type flight uniforms. A crowd that was as previously mentioned eclectic, dressed to the hilt, good looking, but ultimately nice and friendly.

I liked the way different rooms had been set up. Mostly hung in the small outdoor one most of the night where Tee-Loo was spinng. Was great hearing a remix of "white lines" being dropped. Then headed out to the main area where JoJo Flores was throwing down. He played a lot techier than usual I thought.

The apple martini's were dangerous, and big, big thanks to the KMW for keeping the drinks flowing all night. Chrome's plans to telling every pretty lady in the place that he was a photographer was not sufficiently tested, but it was still funny. "Momentum."

Definitely worth checking out again in the future, simply for the venue and the production work put into the party itself.

8. ChROmE

ChROmE TRIBE Member

WOW!

Night got off to a slow start but as soon as the "momentum" started building things got out of hand. As mentioned above one of the more interesting parties of the year and can't wiat for the next one.

peace&TDsteady

Chrome Towers

9. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

Can't wait to see who you drag home with you next time.

Good times.

:|

(lolling)

10. Klubmasta Will

with mr. druzic indahouse, anything is possible. (okay, maybe it was partially my fault.)

this was the look on her face: [​IMG]

11. ChROmE

ChROmE TRIBE Member

HA! Will was trying to convince "the ladies" to come to Brampton with us for "the Kegger".

At that point in the night I had already met the girl of my dreams and just wanted to go to Rol San...

Notch up another one for Pimp-mastah Will

12. Klubmasta Will

dude, i was SO being "the good friend wingman" for you.

this was the look on her face when you ditched her: [​IMG]

and this was the look on val's face when she saw her long-lost friend: [​IMG]

13. daddyiwantchocolate

Ok, that was her face when you guys all trooped inside and left those two shlepps on the sidewalk.

This was my face when I realized who she was (my long-lost friend, long-lost for bloody good reason)...

... a combination of:

[​IMG]+ [​IMG].

And the best part? Ambarish blaming Ivan, Ivan blaming Will, Will blaming Ivan and eventually sucking it up as the culprit. EVEN THOUGH I KNOW YOU WEREN'T. You're a good friend Will Chang.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2003
  14. ChROmE

ChROmE TRIBE Member

So why is she a long lost friend? I think Will was hoping to hook up with her. Give us the dirt and you could possibly spare Will from hooking up with a girl who is bad news!

15. daddyiwantchocolate

OH COME ON.

You so liked her.

The only reason she was wearing a cardie was to hide the manchowdah stain on the back of her dress.

16. Klubmasta Will

you seem awfully interested in her background, ivan.

why is that?

17. Gizmo

Gizmo TRIBE Member

Screw all y'all. I got stuck in the cab with one of the dangerous duo. How the hell did that happen? That's wingman for you right there...above and beyond the call of duty.

18. ChROmE

ChROmE TRIBE Member

I'm a concerned friend. Thanks for taking WING that night! Do you want to be ICEMAN or Maverick.

I am the Gooseman...koo koo kooo ka choo!

19. ChROmE

ChROmE TRIBE Member

Dude you got stuck with the decent one. Did you got a piece of that pie or did you fumble the ball in the end zone?

20. Gizmo

Gizmo TRIBE Member

Punted. It was late in the game.

21. daddyiwantchocolate

Jerks.

Still lolling.

22. Sassy

Sassy TRIBE Member

hahahaha!

They did keep with the theme, it was a pimp and ho party and apparently a shovel face one as well :p

good times! :D

23. daddyiwantchocolate

Karen.

I'm head down on my desk laughing.

Thank you.

24. Klubmasta Will

"shovel face"??? hahahahah!

you ladies are so superficial and mean.

make sure you come to the next fashion television party. :)

25. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

hey bitches - email - ever heard of it?

reading about ivan's exploits on tribe was soooo 3 years ago. :p