• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Element Gleeson/Murko/Redd

PurrLee

TRIBE Member
i can't believe no one's posted a review for this... i think i've just recovered from my drunken bliss :p
what a great night!!!
i showed up around midnight to find the place packed with friendly faces and dancin feet.
great vibe -- especially for a cold night in january when most people hide out at home...
ben murko was playin upstairs -- and had the crowd movin.
i can't believe no one's posted a review for this...
what a great night!!!
i showed up around midnight to find the place packed with friendly faces and dancin feet.
great vibe -- especially for a cold night in january when most people hide out at home...
ben murko was playin upstairs -- and had the crowd movin.
throughout the night he switched it up with dj redd and mike gleeson, and their sets blended nicely together.
nothin but funky, bumpin, fun tracks and plenty of 'wacky' surprises.
ben threw down plenty o techy treats, the highlight for me of course was flat beat - mr. oizo.
man i forgot how much i loved that track :D
redd showed us some soul with dj ali's "will you wait", not to mention some classic garage choons.
i ventured downstairs... only long enuff to hear mr. smitts play dm's "only when i lose myself" and had to get out of the 'heat'...
but my favourite part of the night was gleeson's set.
where to begin...
this guy knows how to keep the crowd guessin!!
from retun of the mack, to enter sandman to the dizzy remix of easy fever, Gleeson kept the crowd guessin...and bumpin.
but the most unbeleiveable moment was when he threw down a remix of "sin" by NiN. OMG!!! the place went nuts.
Gleeson turns spinning into both and art and a fucking SCIENCE.
props to one of the cities under-rated Djs.
I am impressed and inspired...

bettEC

TRIBE Member
I was Bumpin'

It was confirmed by the masses that made it out that Saturday, in support... To all of you that came up to me (at my dancing post, front and center), to share your thoughts on Mike's superstar mixin' skillz-- your messages were passed along.

I had an awesome time... Element only seems to be getting better! The music, dj's & crowd were all exactly what I was looking for.

(love ya pURRLee, see you on the dancefloor this weekend...I'll miss sharin' it with ya for a while!!)
JB

AshG

Thanks to everybody who came out saturday.
I had a blast!:D

Everywhere i looked people were dancing, both upstairs and down, and from the looks of it, everyone else was having as much fun as i.

Had an awesome time spinning with Ben and Dj Redd - both did a great job, switching things up, keeping things interesting, from da bump to da tech to da vocals.
Big smiles from me when Ben dropped the Natural Rhythm on Night Shift early on, and later when Redd mixed in the Natural Rhythm on Washhouse.
(hey, looks like i like Natural Rhythm!)

Originally posted by PurrLee

ben threw down plenty o techy treats, the highlight for me of course was flat beat - mr. oizo.
yessir!!!

but my favourite part of the night was gleeson's set.
where to begin...

but the most unbeleiveable moment was when he threw down a remix of "sin" by NiN. OMG!!! the place went nuts.
Thanks PurrLee!

Ha, didn't know how the nine inch nails would go down, but it went off!
I don't remember what i played it over top of, but it was actually the original "sin". It gets pretty intense there at the end of the song, but whateva!

Boo-ya!

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE NINE INCH NAILS!

Gleeson is my hero.

Now all we need is the Step Up To The Mike Party.
(someone get on that)

Wicked night all around!

JAR

TRIBE Member
I really wanted to be there (I hate missing Mike play in the city, which happens far less than it should), but I was outta order from the night before. I knew it was going to go off! Just the night before, a good friend and I stayed up til the sun came out, listening to the Gleeson box set, and (even after having heard the mixes numerous times) were consistently blown away by the mad technical skills and ear for that bumpin quirky goodness!! Good to hear the night went well...I'll be there next time 100%!! I gotta hear Ain't no Fun! played out!!

JR

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DJ KWE

TRIBE Member
Better late then never

After a lil rest and lots of relaxation...I was able to visit some friends and talent on a very important night...and by the reviews it seems that the night was more than important it was like old times but better, it was like a reunion for me in a fresh new year...

Sorry to everyone that I had to bypass but I was on a schedule and had to play at THE BEST house party and the vibe was so awesome...I played my heart out, then a lil angel come up to spin after me...you know who you are and I will book you sooner or later...tehehe...

Back to Element...it was super awesome to hear Gleeson throw down some uniqueness and share the love and passion for music...his style is not only his flavour but is also representative of someone who keeps the passion alive...I think you're one of the best out there...inside and out you stay true to yourself and I never hear of any excuses for things going astray...well except for the excuse of "my muscles are too big", LOL, after all this time Mike you truly made the night special for me once again...I had a great time and thanks for having me out...

But then there was BIG REDD!...don't know if you guys have had the opportunity to meet and greet this guy...dj Redd one of our brothers of soul (old man) totally surprised me (old maid) and gave me a gift that all music lovers would appreciate...it is something that I'll keep close to my heart and always in my record bag...I will play this track everytime and think of YOU...you can catch Redd djing at Element as he specializes in soul, deep and funky house...his programming always on par and his attitude is always pro-ative...he has a heart of gold so don't miss him next ladies...he's one of the good ones ;)

As for the ambiance of Element...the upstairs has changed since I was last there...keep up the great changes...I loved it and it was more like I was at home with my friends and a kick ass sound system...yummy ladies and drinks...amidst the storms and sunny days home is where the heart is...xoxo

the ladies...purrrrrrlee (get your records together ;)), bettec I miss you girls so much...but you know that I'm following the path of black wax and it dictates my nights...but always remember that when the spring and summer come...we will be back together in full effect...but just to let you know you should book April 16th, 17th, 18th off, NOW! tehehe

I truly believe that Element is one of those landmarks in TO that everyone should visit...it's a landmark not because of age, but because it supports the locals the way we need to be supported...not by who we "hang" out with or how many years we've been playing for (some of us not even years) but always because of the music...and why not? we need to sustain our own dj/music market...and I'm still shoppin for more in life and in music...cheers to great house music, kick-ass venue and unconditional friendships...xoxoxo

So...what's next in 2004? (the best year ever)

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
from retun of the mack, to enter sandman to the dizzy remix of easy fever, Gleeson kept the crowd guessin...and bumpin.
Gleeson turns spinning into both and art and a fucking SCIENCE.
props to one of the cities under-rated Djs.
I am impressed and inspired...

One who enjoys house the odd frame, i gotta comment and fucking make it out to this guy.....

One tight mixer and not only that a true stand up guy.

qualities in a dj that makes a "dj"

Gleeson you are my favorite TO house dj yet to see bro!

keep "bumpin" those tunes dude:D

sd:)