• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Element - Dekoze

Moez

TRIBE Member
okay, I admit I have no clue how to spell dekoze, but in the scheme of things, WHO CARES? all I care about is how absolutely stellar he was tonight. He blows my mind absolutely every single time I see him play. *sigh* Oh How I love him. (It must be because he is from SaSnatchewan :D )

I had a fantastic time tonight at Element. I fully didn't expect such a warm welcome. I believe it was because the non-traditional (i.e. not regular) crowd was there. I saw people I had not seen in years, and that made me so damn happy.

Wikkid music, Wikkid people... I will see you all next week.

thanks element crew.

~ Jo.

(go team Luka :D thanks for a fan-fucking-tastic night. xo)

DJAlchemy

TRIBE Promoter
Holy Rowdy bunch!

Dave is dangerous when he's been drinking since the afternoon. Missing pants... random groping... the violation of the mens washroom.. the lightswitch rave.. swing dancing.. what the hell was going on!?!?

I think it was the pumpin soundtrack that drove us to our madnezz ;)

Damn what a good night,

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
oh man oh man that was hectic...

dekoze was awesome.. sooooo good to hear him spin again -- haven't heard him in awhile...

hahahahaha loved the lightswitch rave in the washroom :) WoOoOOooooOOOoooooo

how DID my pants end up on the floor :) *glares at laura and michie*

great to see ya out Jo!!!!

ungh .. i love element :)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Lizzouse

TRIBE Member
I think that was THE best time I've ever had at an Activate night! I loved seeing Dekoze spin in a smaller environment, I danced my ass off for, like, two hours straight. He's always so into it. The craziness by the dj booth was enough entertainment for one night!:)

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
Stomping tom puzzle eater.

*grumble grumble*

Amy who some how managed to be late for work when I didn't even hit this.

PS. Montrose stairs saw A LOT of action last night.

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SpaceBabe
Stomping tom puzzle eater.

*grumble grumble*

Amy who some how managed to be late for work when I didn't even hit this.

PS. Montrose stairs saw A LOT of action last night.
*LOL* sorry bout that.
I'm also sorry that I inflicted the pain of seeing dave with his pants off for everyone last night, right in front of the decks.

The bathroom rave may have been the best part of the whole night! Bigups to the crew!!!! *L*

Really nice to see moez and michie again after sooooo long!!!

dg0425

TRIBE Member
No one even mentioned what kind of stuff he was playing. Great reviews!

I'd imagine it was a Top 40 dance night. Sometimes he can surprise me but usually i might as well stick in dance hits 2003. Someone tell me i'm wrong! Don't mean to come down on dezo-ze as he's always super friendly in helping you find a track. Was this one of those night's where i'd be impressed?

2 The Beat

TRIBE Member
If Dance Mix 2003 has DK8 - Murder Was the Bass on it, then I am going to go out and buy it today since I have no luck in finding it for my store any other way.

Yet another very fun night. The goal was to leave early and rest but this was yet another Wednesday where the lights came on before we could go. Too many fun people in one room to just up and leave! Yet another total package of good times and great music.

Jason Chaos dropped some sweet house prior to Deko-ze and Jon Tremblay ended off the evening proper as well. It was also nice to hear Deko-ze drop some tracks from the very first mixtape I got of his in 97. Actually...that was my very first mix tape....ah the memories.

See you next week for HATIRAS!

Brian

Lizzouse

TRIBE Member
Dekoze pulled a great set, it wasn't the dark dirty beats that I love him for, but it was hard, it was up beat and happy and everyone there seemed to love it.

dg0425

TRIBE Member
Finally some mention to the music!

I actually like deko ze. It just seems that sometimes it's a set where you know every track. Other times (like the last time i saw him) he'll play a set of dirty stuff and I don't know a single tune.

glad this was great night!

Deko-ze

TRIBE Member
WHOO! HOO!

I must say a special Thank You to the Activate crew, 2 The Beat and all of the party people who came out. It is really nice to play for a crowd that is up for hearing a mix of music, dancing and having a good time.

When I walked in Jason Chaos was pumpin' out the funky techno, smiles were abound the booze was flowing. Somehow the cheering alongside the flashing and the pants around ankles all made sense!

Jon Tremblay once again impressed me with his fine mix of prog, tech house and breaks. Good pants too! ;)

Keep it up everyone! You've got a damn good thing happening here!

Officer Deko-ze

jasonchaos

TRIBE Promoter
First a big Thank You to Activate for having me out last wednesday, very impressive was the turnout, packed house, as always, lots of Liquor, lots of fun! Always a pleasure hearing Deko-ze, and Jon Tremblay strong closing set.

See yous again soon!

Jason Chaos

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders