• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

element after hours

*ViX*

TRIBE Member
Met cute little boy named Pedros from Mexico City. Did not get to say goodbye, but he was such a sweetheart! Does anybody know this guy?
 

*ViX*

TRIBE Member
I suppose I should say something about the music.... Nick Warren was playing mellow, not much build up, but good tracks nonetheless. I guess the set up was not to his technical liking because there were several blunders. A man named Ashley came on after and did an excellent job getting the tired people dancing again. He was a pleasure. Still, I got to see Nick Warren, up close, for 5 bucks, without going through sticky-sweaty-pretentious-Lotus ordeals!
 

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by *ViX*
Met cute little boy named Pedros from Mexico City. Did not get to say goodbye, but he was such a sweetheart! Does anybody know this guy?
Pedro is like John in Mexico
 

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
alright, alright, alright....not a bad little end to the evening's festivities...cool to dance to warren in the intimate setting of element...the tracks were good, nothing legendary, but still a pleasure to dance a little longer this evening...& as always the pleasure lies with the fantastic party crew...

fun time, thanks to all... :D

john
 

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by djcheezwhiz
alright, alright, alright....not a bad little end to the evening's festivities...cool to dance to warren in the intimate setting of element...the tracks were good, nothing legendary, but still a pleasure to dance a little longer this evening...& as always the pleasure lies with the fantastic party crew...

fun time, thanks to all... :D

john
:eek:

You did NOT ....!!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DjCao

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by *ViX*
Met cute little boy named Pedros from Mexico City. Did not get to say goodbye, but he was such a sweetheart! Does anybody know this guy?
Is Pedro, no Pedros...;)
And yes, I know him. I took him and his buddies to Lotus but i couldn't make it to element...He'll be tonight @ Guvernment....
Who r u ?
I'll tell him and i'll get u his phone number

And yeah, he's really "sweet" (for u) "Cool or Nice" (for me)
:D
 

*ViX*

TRIBE Member
Very funny alexd, but I have a feeling he was the only Pedros in element last night.

....and see? Someone does know him! DjCao, there is no way I am going out tonight, I'm in recovery. Just let him know that the girl who he thought had energy so late thought he was a cutie!
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kmac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by *ViX*
I guess the set up was not to his technical liking because there were several blunders.
Heh heh... I don't think that was the reason. ;) He was out to party like everyone else.
 

DjCao

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by *ViX*


DjCao, there is no way I am going out tonight, I'm in recovery. Just let him know that the girl who he thought had energy so late thought he was a cutie!
*Done*
:D
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sohaness
what time did nick stop playing? i left around 6ish.
You didn't miss much then. He finished just after 6 and left Element within 1/2 hour.

Anyone, what time did Ashley close down?
 

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by kmac
Heh heh... I don't think that was the reason. ;) He was out to party like everyone else.
Haha, yeah Nick was just [ahem] slightly fuxored! ;)

But it's fucking Nick Warren. The stories about that guy are legendary! All I have to say is one word and it happens to be the last time he played for the promoters (Substance) of Lotus: Meow.
He was well fucked that night and on proper form.

The only blunder I got to here was when Chris Substance bumped one of the decks. Some e-tard was calling for a rewind. I had to laugh. Nick gave him 'the stare', laughed and proceeded to cue the record that he was playing up again and mix out of it with pure class.

The word is out about Element. I suspect there will be more of these types of parties in the near future. When the big DJs see each other and mention Toronto, I have little doubt in my mind that this venue gets mentioned if they've played it.

Cheers,
JK
 

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by djcheezwhiz
but still a pleasure to dance a little longer this evening...& as always the pleasure lies with the fantastic party crew...

john
John, I must say you're top geezer. If you have enemies, I don't see how they could exist. I had a blast hanging out with you at Sasha getting all debaucherous. Last night was no exception even in the brief moments we chatted. When I said goodbye to you at Element the other night, the goodbye you gave me was really cool. I was touched [sniffle]. Really though, you're a sound guy.

I was just expecting to say goodbye and you had some really nice things to say. So cheers for that! :D I better stop with the emotional stuff though or people will start to wonder about my sexual orientation. ;)

See you on the dancefloor at Howells (I hope?). I was coerced, no, I was FORCED into pinky swearing with mandapanda that I would be there to see "her husband". So I guess that means I'm going. Haha.

Cheers,
JK
 

sohaness

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by loopdokter
The only blunder I got to here was when Chris Substance bumped one of the decks. Some e-tard was calling for a rewind. I had to laugh. Nick gave him 'the stare', laughed and proceeded to cue the record that he was playing up again and mix out of it with pure class.
yeah i rememeber that too. it was awesome though...everyone was cheering during the stare!

by any chance do you know the name of the track he was mixing out of? he played it at lotus as well...its scrumptious! i know he was mixing into the sander k rock your body remix.

i also loved hearing that 'two bags of grass' track @ element. it was great!

yes...im a geek...lol

steve.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

slingshot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by loopdokter
John, I must say you're top geezer. If you have enemies, I don't see how they could exist. I had a blast hanging out with you at Sasha getting all debaucherous. Last night was no exception even in the brief moments we chatted. When I said goodbye to you at Element the other night, the goodbye you gave me was really cool. I was touched [sniffle]. Really though, you're a sound guy.

I was just expecting to say goodbye and you had some really nice things to say. So cheers for that! :D I better stop with the emotional stuff though or people will start to wonder about my sexual orientation. ;)

See you on the dancefloor at Howells (I hope?). I was coerced, no, I was FORCED into pinky swearing with mandapanda that I would be there to see "her husband". So I guess that means I'm going. Haha.

Cheers,
JK
fags;)

ss
 

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Yeah that shout for rewind was hilarious, then everybody started cheering. Classic.

What was that Bjork track that he played?
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
Top