• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Electropop: I.O. - Formula, easy to remember.

Adboy

TRIBE Member
great stuff

great great great .... love the tracklist! once of my favourit: "not for hire!"-yeaahhh! electroclash rules!.... :)

i_o

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by 20,alma
I missed him when he came to Boa in April or early May this year : (
I should've gone, should've gone!!
I posted some scans of him in this thread
wow, that guy is freakin handsome !! :rolleyes:
well.. I missed him too, you know.. :\ In fact I didn't even know he played in Toronto..

Damn. I suck.

alma

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by i_o
wow, that guy is freakin handsome !! :rolleyes:
well.. I missed him too, you know.. :\ In fact I didn't even know he played in Toronto..

Damn. I suck.
heheh ... the track that made me love JT Donaldson is Right Here Right Now on "24th St Sounds"//Miguel Migs (NRK 2004). It's such a super-funky track, and I've liked everything else of his (haven't heard it all, tho'). His remix of Dream Machine//Mark Farina is niiice too.

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
I'm not really feelin' some of the first several tracks.. but when things tone down a bit (read: less vocals) there is a real smoooooooooooooth stretch 3/4 of the way through the mix. I dig it. Good work i_o. :)

,g

i_o

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by 20,alma
heheh ... the track that made me love JT Donaldson is Right Here Right Now on "24th St Sounds"//Miguel Migs (NRK 2004). It's such a super-funky track, and I've liked everything else of his (haven't heard it all, tho'). His remix of Dream Machine//Mark Farina is niiice too.
that's... grooovy ! :))

I'm not really feelin' some of the first several tracks.. but when things tone down a bit (read: less vocals) there is a real smoooooooooooooth stretch 3/4 of the way through the mix. I dig it. Good work i_o.
obviously if you play minimal mixing it with ambient, you won't feel.. pure electropop ;))
But I bet you liked last 2 songs.. which I pretty much scammed from my boyfriend's collection..

*loves to scam boyfriend's minimal*

And ! I'm going to make a minimal mix soon.
I have some minimal sitting around too.. ;)