• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Electro Showcase For Feb on vocode.com

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Electro Showcase February 2004 : DJ Dynamons CLICK ME!!!

Starting off deep in your head, traversing dark sounds and an ominous vocal stating "zero", Dynamons prepares you for a nice long electro-mindfuck. Setting things off nicely for the second Showcase of 2004 (and his 4th since he joined the Vocode Project as a resident DJ), our man down in Athens does it proper once again. Moving smoothly into the next few joints, the sounds can only be described as what electro would sound like if the Insecticons ditched Megatron and decided to produce music (for those of you born in the 90s, look it up on google;)). Before things get too dark, we're kopfnikken to the spacy grooves of drexciya (rip) & automat and move straight into funky robotic electro, the shit you crank up to 11 on your MD player on that 2 AM metro ride in the metropolis of your choice. Rounding out the mix, we get the deep space business courtesy of ben milstein and mesak, and ride it out with 3 class mikrolux cuts to take us home

Running Time: 63 minutes : 58.1 MB 128K encoded :

1. Insektoid - Uncalculated Motion In Space - Mikrolux
2. Ben Milstein - Hide - Outside
3. Claro Intelecto - Tone - AI
4. Automat - Hardware - SCSI-AV
5. Drexciya - You Dont Know - Submerge
6. Microthol vs DJ Glow - Electric Spanking - Trust
7. A1 People - Freeloader - Hydrogen Dukebox
8. Radioactive Man - Kik Yerself - Rotters Golf Club
9. T-Wrex - Attack of the Clones - Satamile
10. The Freek - Martian Leaders O.E. - Electrocute
11. Dez Williams - Bone Idle - SCSI-AV
12. Ben Milstein - Fulcrum - Outside
13. Mesak - Perus Basic - Klakson
14. Krom - Painting Textures [sniper mode remix] - Mikrolux
15. Unn - Life [unn remix] - Mikrolux
16. Krom - Bubbleblow [ruxpin remix] - Mikrolux

(taken from www.vocode.com)

seeker

TRIBE Member
aha! catching on i see. ;) I'm glad you posted this, the last time I checked they hadn't updatd for February...

seeker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
Yeah, as soon as I get their email I post it. There's a lot of good stuff to listen to on that site.
ahhh.. therein lies the secret! I do not subscribe to the list...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
shit I have a terrible memory...

I said thanks for the set and never downloaded it at the time...

duh.

19%

that automat is fucking ill. I'm fucking pissed when I hear a mix that I had tweaked and ready for a mixtape, and someone beats me to it!

do you ever do that?

hear a mix that you had done at home and got it down tight and hear someone else do it out somewhere, so therein your mix becomes void because they did it 'in public' (mixtape, live, whatevs) before you did?....?

destrocurious

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
^ lots of times.... i say fuck it though, cause there has been times when others has tested my record to record mix :p

if you own the vinyl go with it, even if dj so and so did it...... hell i rip Mills off practically every day mixin at home :D

.......and out!

seeker

TRIBE Member
I totally agree, Doug. If it sounds good, do it! :)

I remember a few years ago, I had no less than 4 mixes that featured the same two songs mixed the same way into each other*. They were all by DJs of varying skill/experience/notoriety. I didn't think any less of any of them for working it that way. The tunes fit well together and the mix was good.

* since I know you're wondering, the tunes were Paul Van Dyk's "For An Angel '98" and Marc Et Claude's "La", both '99 trance anthems LOL

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

seeker

TRIBE Member
I only play with myself. :p

No, I don't spin records. I own records. I own CDs. I even own some tapes. But I don't own two turntables, a mixer and a microphone. I cannot live out my DJ fantasies. I am a sad sad boy.

But in reality -- where everything counts (in large amounts (like 42 FF)) -- I can appreciate the quality of a good mix. And, because I am a music fan, I can say without hesitation that if I heard one DJ mix two records one way, and later heard another DJ mix the same two records in the same way, I'd probably be so wrapped up in the music as to not think "Hey, I already heard some other d00d play this! You're being an ass!"

So, in short, do what pleases you, and send me $50 for records. K THX BYE!

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
^ sound...

i think you and Beebs should invest, you guys know your shit and i think yahs would make good dj's :D

stothealwaysopendecksD:)

seeker

TRIBE Member
believe me, it's on the list :)

but it's on the list behind the house, the car, the RRSP, and all the other stuff that's on 'OUR' list. Once 'OUR' list is taken care of, I can start work on 'MY' list. ;)

That should be about 2026.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by seeker
believe me, it's on the list :)

but it's on the list behind the house, the car, the RRSP, and all the other stuff that's on 'OUR' list. Once 'OUR' list is taken care of, I can start work on 'MY' list. ;)

That should be about 2026.
Married life...ahhhh. :p

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
As a guy you should have been privy to this knowledge. I'm not sure who to hold accountable for this oversight but I'll look into it for you.
In the meantime don't make any rash decisions involving money that could be spent on Vinyl. Especially this close to Valentines day.

seeker

TRIBE Member
Sets like this are the reason that I really love electro. The tune that's playing around the 21min mark is classic!

It's the best parts of techno, with the best melodic elements of (yes) trance, a heaping helping of twisted psychedelics, all served up fresh over a tasty breakbeat. That's what I'm fuckin' talkin' aboot! :D