• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Electric shavers?

greasy joe

TRIBE Member
Im curious about electric shavers, who here has used one?

I get really bad red bumps all over my neck when I use a razor. Ive tried EVERYTHING, soaps, cream, oils, aha creams afterwards... were talking everything, and no matter what I get this rash on my kneck. I have to shave every three days as thats how long it takes the rash to go away, and its annoying.

So I want an electic shaver. Are they as good? Do they irratate sensitive skin... how much is it going to cost... and help is useful, thanks

Use Tendskin after any kind of shaving - electric or razor. It helps with skin irritation.

I'll let the guys give you advice on the kindof shaver you should buy.

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
i have the same problem. electrics are worse for you. i haven't solved the problem yet myself, but electrics are shit.

labRat

TRIBE Member
meh - electric shavers aren't that bad. i use one sometimes (sometimes most of the time).

the thing is you have to use it for at least a week to allow for the facial hairs to grow back properly for the shaver to cut it better. it would be the same if you suddenly changed the direction in which you shaved with a razor.

up up down down left right left right.

i use a remington's microscreen 3. it's washable, so i wash and brush it clean after every use. this is important or else the blades just get clogged up with face shit. also changing the blades about once a year is important.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
I'm not that hairy of a guy but I can get away without even using shaving cream and don't normally get any razor burn. don't shave against the grain... works for me.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

defazman

TRIBE Member
Use talcom powder before shaving to remove moisture from your face. Wash, pat dry, apply talcom, electric razor, rinse, moisturize. Its the moisture that can cause irritation.

just dont try it on your balls, thats a whole different story.

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
its all about the mach 3 (but i'm a sucker for marketing as i'm certain disposable bics probably do just as good a job)...i find the electrics don't shave close enough...

funkinbeats

TRIBE Member
I use the Philishave cool skin, it's pretty good, there is minimal irritation to my skin and I quite enjoy it more since I don't cut myself unlike a normal razor. Also with the cool skin, you can shave in the shower (I got a shower mirror with it too) and it has that nivea for men moisturizer lotion dispenser right on the back of the electric razor.

I guess it all depends on how sensitive your skin is. Mine is used to using electric, so when you buy an electric razor you're skin will adjust to the blades within a couple of weeks.

greasy joe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
Use Tendskin after any kind of shaving - electric or razor. It helps with skin irritation.

I'll let the guys give you advice on the kindof shaver you should buy.
Wont work, not for me at least. I use alpha hydroxyacids and they still do no good :(

So the ppl that use the electric razors, your saying that the electrics still irrate the skin? Is the irratation better or worse than a mach 3?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

deep

TRIBE Member
greasy, have you tried using a single blade razor? i.e. cheap disposable . with 2 and 3 blade razors what happens is the first blade ends up pulling the hair while the second one cuts it shorter than it should, promoting ingrown hairs.

try a single blade razor and something better for shaving than shave cream / gel i.e. mont source's unique shave solution.

sometimes electric razors can do the exact same thing as multiple blade razors - pull on the hair and then cut it short so that it's more likely to grow up under the skin.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
How about you hairy fucks evolve a little? Jesus, man, the Pleistocene period was quite a while back.

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
I saw on TV once, that when it comes to men shaving with sensitive skin that using women's razors instead is less likely to irritate the skin.

I use a mach 3 and have no problems with it and never used an electric so I don't know anything about them.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
I guess I have it lucky :p

I shave like once a week with a disposable bic.

Always silky smooth, never any irritation.

<--- HAppy to be a babyface.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders