• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

einstein was probably a fraud

roo

TRIBE Member
because he used to be a patent clerk. so he probably stole every idea we think he ever had.

i'd like to nuke him.

Stop Bill C-10

Deus

TRIBE Member
Your theory is very valid, and based on a lot of factual information. Your arguments are strong and very convincing.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SlipperyPete

TRIBE Member
"Oh, what do you have there?"

"I call it 'Smith's Theory of Relativity"

***smashes head with mallet, runs out of room w/ documents***

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
The way to come up with theories is to be surrounded by ideas. Looking at and evaluating patents at work would be just the catalyst needed to stimulate one's mind to be creative.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TaCk OnE?
he was scientist...people don't patent scientific ideas and theories.

that's just stupid.

YAY

Unless they are monsanto or the human genome project.

POOP.

-jM
A&D

I-Drop

TRIBE Member
Einstien didnt actually derive any of the mathematics in his theory of relativity..

someone else did..

Einstien merely gave it a clever interpretation

G

Originally posted by PosTMOd
The way to come up with theories is to be surrounded by ideas. Looking at and evaluating patents at work would be just the catalyst needed to stimulate one's mind to be creative.

My friend working at the national patent centre in Ottawa would disagree. He's an engineer and is assigned the task of reviewing submitted patents to check their validity. Says its the most boring fuck job ever; just doing it to pay his dues.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Tearer
My friend working at the national patent centre in Ottawa would disagree. He's an engineer and is assigned the task of reviewing submitted patents to check their validity. Says its the most boring fuck job ever; just doing it to pay his dues.

Don't forget that in Einstein's time, the patents were the cream of the crop, and not piles of shitty inventions (search the canadian patent database... hilarious stuff in there).

Boring? Yes, now. Not then...

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Tearer
My other friend who worked in Einstein's time...

Oh, the twin brothers travelling away from each other at the speed of light in separate mobile patent offices?

Whoa. Non-local, dude. Totally.

G

Originally posted by kennyboy
I like Newton. He came up with his idea after being hit on the head with an apple. Just goes to show......

....that even really smart people put themselves in stupid places?

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by kennyboy
I like Newton. He came up with his idea after being hit on the head with an apple.

That apple thing never happened.

An interesting myth: apple...hmmm, metaphor, perhaps, for the apple from the garden of eden, bonking us on the collective head of knowledge, knocking a little sense into us, and now we've twisted "reason" into something that is quite the opposite.

Must remind people of a wonderful, scathing commentary about twisted "reason".... "Voltaire's Bastards", John Ralston Saul.

G

Originally posted by PosTMOd

That apple thing never happened.

Who's doing the time-travel what-now?

We really know nothing for fact from the relatively distant past... and do I really need to put one of these? ;)

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
the best part about einstein was that he never talked any shit trying to impress people...

and when he went YAHOO....
c.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by I-Drop
Einstien didnt actually derive any of the mathematics in his theory of relativity..

someone else did..

Well, Einstein didn't invent calculus, if that's what you mean....

But Einstein certainly DID 'derive' the tensors involed with general relativity... which, is why they are called the einstein equations....

oh, yes sure sure, special relativity is a walk in the park, and a guy who's half awake in a patent office can come up with it... sure sure...

but general is another story... a good ten years of thinking went into that...

ps im drunk

again

-jM
A&D

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rudebwoy
the best part about einstein was that he never talked any shit trying to impress people...

No.

The best part about Einstein was his hair.

Just like Dan.

-jM
A&D