1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Egyptrixx XLR8R Podcast

Discussion in 'DJ Mixes' started by africa, Apr 23, 2010.

1. africa

africa TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

I put together a mixtape for XLR8R recently, here it is.
    Egyptrixx | XLR8R

Any XLR8R reader with a pulse has probably noticed our unabashed affinity for the Night Slugs camp and all it has done to energize London dance music. In recent months, its reach has extended well beyond the English capital, even into the snowy wilds of Canada, as Toronto-based producer Egyptrixx was tapped for the second Night Slugs release. Yet Egyptrixx (a.k.a.David Psutka) has been fiddling with beats for years; as this exclusive mix—which happens to be packed with unreleased and unsigned selections—shows, Psutka's knowledge runs deep, allowing him to thoughtfully pull from house, techno, dubstep, UK funky, and whatever other genres he needs (gothy drone rock, anyone?) to create a unique sound that he likes to refer to as "celestial club music." With appearances booked across Europe and North America this summer, Egyptrixx is poised to take a whole lot of clubbers much deeper than they're accustomed to going.

01 Egyptrixx "Start from the Beginning"
    02 Audion "Push" (Spectral Sound)
    03 Egyptrixx "Bible Eyes"
    04 Art Nouveau "Paradise"
    05 Brodinski "Arnold Classics (Egyptrixx RMX)" (Grizzly)
    06 Actress "Ivy May Gilpin" (Werk Discs)
    07 Brackles "6am El Gordos" (Brainmath)
    08 Ramadanman "Glut" (Hemlock)
    09 Untold "Anaconda (Guarachero Refix)"
    10 Terror Danjah "Air Bubble (Starkey Remix)" (Butterz)
    11 Sigha "Rawwww" (Hotflush)
    12 Trust "Trinity"
    13 Warning "Magic Castle" (Vertigo)

2. dtox

dtox TRIBE Member

slick! Now please don't move to berlin and get extra famous, maybe Toronto can finally support its artists!

3. dj.nick.c

dj.nick.c TRIBE Member

GOD DAMN YOU'RE GOOD! man I need to catch you live in TO soon! really awesome production and concept. I'm definitely feeling "Hexagon YA" lately!

4. africa

africa TRIBE Member

damn guys, thanks :)