• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

EFA Distribution --> Goes BANKRUPT!!

The Electrician

TRIBE Promoter
>Dear Business Partners,
>
>with deepest regrets we herewith must let you know that we have been forced to file bankruptcy today. This is based on the developments of the recent weeks during which we have tried everything to avoid this step by downsizing our staff, restructuring
all distribution methods and channels, negotiating with third parties, particularly with several groups of
possible investors, yet - sadly - to no
avail. All our attempts to find any other means to keep afloat in times of
collapsing markets have remained unsuccessful. Since it has not been
possible to reach possible solutions and it has become obvious that we were
no longer able to stay in business when relying on our own strength.

We expect the relevant court to name a receiver within the very future. We
do hope that jointly with that receiver we may be in a position where EFA´s
key business areas can be saved and restructured. However, it is unclear if
our desire to reestablish EFA will be rewarded by the receiver´s
perspective.

We thank you for all the years of cooperation and the trust in EFA.

Yours sincerely

EFA Medien GmbH

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kick

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hipsterave
What effect will this have on the breaks selection in our local record shops?

Not too much....EFA dealt mostely with electro and german techno shiesse....

kick

TRIBE Member
wait a minute...I just noticed this Shadow Cryptic Lp (Stay Fresh) is distrubited by EFA.

must investigate....

kick

TRIBE Member
ok, upon looking at list of labels EFA distributed, it seems that Moving Shadow was the only breaks one.

still a shame though, looks like they dealt with just about every genre...

Angus Robinson

TRIBE Member
both moving shadow and shadow cryptic (the label that stayfresh is on) are exclusively distributed by SRD. They'll be around for a while.

I've never heard of EFA. I'm assuming they're a middle man, which shouldn't affect anything too greatly.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
umm EFA was one of the biggest - if not THE BIGGEST distributor in Germany, they were in fact a distro's distro. Most notably in the techno world they distributed Tresor.

Yes the did distribute Shadow Cryptic on the European side and on a large scale. This may affect that label down the road as Europe is still the largest market. Luckily I'm sure some smaller distro's will love to pick up the slack.

odbx

Angus Robinson

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by oddmyth
they were in fact a distro's distro.

...aka middle man. in the long run, middle men dropping out aren't going to affect anything too greatly, as there are a number of 'middle men' distributors for shops to choose from.

Yes the did distribute Shadow Cryptic on the European side and on a large scale.

Yes, but they did not press Shadow Cryptic. If it was SRD going under, this would be a completely different story. There's gotta be at least 30 other distributors worldwide that European stores can buy Shadow Cryptic records from. I agree that EFA's decline will slightly affect the industry but not for long.

Luckily I'm sure some smaller distro's will love to pick up the slack.

Exactly!