• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

edmonton light rail transit

swilly

TRIBE Member
anyone ever use it?

how would you decribe its service and cost?

state please also if you are pro or anti public transit

and if you are a SUV driving mutha fucka then bugger off your opinions are not needed hedonist!!!
JK my mum is talking about getting me a pathfinder!!!
yay
swilly

Casey

TRIBE Member
LRT sucks

It is are too infrequent, and is not extensive enough, which makes it seem overpriced ($2). I'm all for public transit, but Edmonton has a really horrible system. Although, because Edmonton is so small, too few people use the LRT to justify any major expanses. I guess it's a trade-off (even though it is endlessly annoying).

Is this annother homework assignment?

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Casey
LRT sucks

It is are too infrequent, and is not extensive enough, which makes it seem overpriced ($2). I'm all for public transit, but Edmonton has a really horrible system. Although, because Edmonton is so small, too few people use the LRT to justify any major expanses. I guess it's a trade-off (even though it is endlessly annoying).

Is this annother homework assignment?
no and the first one was not homework assignment ethier

i just asking for peooples opinions on this subject as i am doing a paper on public transit in a post fordist society

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
meh, Edmonton's LRT sucks. Calgary's is waaaaaaaaay better.

You can get bus/LRT tickets in packs of 10 for $15 instead of paying $2 each time.

The bloody thing only goes in a straight line... from the far north end where the "not so nice" people are to University. It's mostly used by business people (during business hours) and students.

[edit] I think there are only 6 or 7 stops in total... 5 or 6 of them are within the downtown core which I think is pretty stupid cause you can walk from the first downtown stop to the last on foot in about 10-15 minutes [/edit]

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

trickynicky

TRIBE Member
a cool thing about calgarys lrt is that the downtown core is a free fare zone.. so if you work downtown you can hop on the train for a few blocks to go to the mall or lunch,etc. my friend walks 20 mins downtown and then hops on the train for the next 6 blocks to her office. nice hey?
i have never even noticed the one in Edmonton to tell you the truth.. but i always drove there or stayed with someone who had a car.

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Casey
LRT sucks

BINGO!!!!!

AshG

light rail are viewed as inefficient beasts in almost every city around the world.
yeah they look purdy, but their gross expenses and expansion costs are just so ludicrous for such short travel distances, its hard to justify their existence.

nevertheless...

MONORAIL, MONORAIL, , MONORAIL!!! .....

(TUNE!)