• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Editing a PDF

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
It's very simple. I have a map in a PDF. I need to put an x on one part of it. No, it's not a treasure map. Any quick fix?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
any image editing program will do it but it will de-vectorize the image when you save it again and you will get a bigger filesize.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
oh, cool, I was under the impression it was harder than that.. without actually trying. thanks.

BH - when I die, dig up my grave, the map will be with me. the treasure is yours.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
any image editing program will do it but it will de-vectorize the image when you save it again and you will get a bigger filesize.

not if you open it in adobe illustrator

illustrator basically used PDF as it's native format (has for some time), so even if you're working with .ai files you're really saving slightly more complicated pdf files.

if you open it in illustrator you're good to go, just save as pdf when you save again.

but if you open it in photoshop you'll get rastorized vector work (assuming it was vector to begin with).....

if you place it in quark or indesign as an image, then place the X on top of the image and save it out as a pdf again it will keep the vector data too.

:)

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain