• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Eddie Halliwell at the Guv

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
And I can't go. I have money saved and everything but I'll be in Charlotte N.C. that freaking weekend.

DAMMIT, I've been waiting all year for this. :mad::mad::mad:

todiefor

TRIBE Promoter
Yup, I'm thinking about checking this little shindig out. i've never caught his act but I hear he's a solid party DJ.

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
I hope for all you going that they move the dj booth somewhere closer to the crowd. You can't really interact with him when he's way the frick up there. That's half the attraction with this guy.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
I went last year and he was mental.

At one point he looped the break from 'adagio for strings' for at least 10 minutes before dropping it.

His opening bit with the chugging techno bassline and the train whistle was soooo intense. It sounded like the train went right through the middle of the place.

Invasionmix

TRIBE Member
marcinm said:
is he that good?
is he a dj or does he produce aswell?
he's a DJ, used to be a hip hop DJ than moved over to trance/house and yes he is that good cause he uses his techniques from hip hop music like scratching and beat juggling into his trance/house sets.

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Invasionmix said:
he's a DJ, used to be a hip hop DJ than moved over to trance/house and yes he is that good cause he uses his techniques from hip hop music like scratching and beat juggling into his trance/house sets.
oh.. i see.. hiphip to trance.. not bad.

Access

TRIBE Member
I saw him a couple weeks ago in Calgary in a small club. His set was amazing. Blew my mind to see him in action from up close.

He'll loop parts of songs and mess with them, building up, scratching for a good 6 minutes sometimes before dropping the beat and setting everyone in the club off.

Access

TRIBE Member
One thing you have to respect about the guy is that he's worked his way up to being one of the biggest djs in the world without having ever produced or remixed a track. Which is pretty much unheard of in the electronic music scene of today. He's worked his way up on the merit of his skills as a dj alone.

Invasionmix

TRIBE Member
Access said:
One thing you have to respect about the guy is that he's worked his way up to being one of the biggest djs in the world without having ever produced or remixed a track. Which is pretty much unheard of in the electronic music scene of today. He's worked his way up on the merit of his skills as a dj alone.
Thats why I give him a lot of respect, DJs like Tiesto gained fame cause of producing. Eddie Halliwell just recently start doing stuff to make him more popular like having a show on Radio 1.

Oh yeah Tiesto said Eddie Halliwell is his favourite DJ..

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Invasionmix said:
Thats why I give him a lot of respect, DJs like Tiesto gained fame cause of producing. Eddie Halliwell just recently start doing stuff to make him more popular like having a show on Radio 1.

Oh yeah Tiesto said Eddie Halliwell is his favourite DJ..
yeah, well, Tiesto would say that.. he's probably like "how does he play an entire set without trainwrecking?"

*maybe chatting less with the dj sluts would help a little, eh Tiesto? :p

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
I just saw him again this past weekend in Calgary and he's really starting to come into his own.

He's taken up using a Jazzmutant touchscreen and it's really opened up this whole new dimension to his live performance. Thankfully he's toned down his standing on the stage antics a little bit and gotten back to laying down solid mix after solid mix.

He's one of the few remaining pure dj's in the trance scene who doesn't produce...