• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Ed rush & Optical vs, Diggers

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
which would be the better party to take a rookie too.?

i'm thinking diggers, but i am afriad it might be too spacey and not enough energy. but i;ve neverheard Digweed. somaybe i am wrong and he's got shit-loads of energy.
 
Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
yeah apples/oranges tomato tomATo...

I have HUGE memories from old ed rush/optical jams and wel, FUCK TRANCE so I'll go with Ed rush/optical

2 is better than 1 right??:confused:
 

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
ed rush and optical are almost "techno" anyway.
loved their set @ Viva.
Theory parties have good reputations.

and I didn't like DEEP DISH when i saw em and i'm afraid Digweed will be too much like that.
but if diggers is notorious for super high-energy sets and rip-roaring crowds, than maybe it would be more this guys cup of tea.

my buddy is a rookie to the electronic scene.
he was all into INDIE and then he became my roomate and now he's all over everything electronic.
 

MoFo

TRIBE Member
See, I would pick Ed Rush and Optical over Diggers any day. Even when I was 14. But ya never know.

Playing them for the rookie is a really good idea!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

quantumize

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sweetdaddy
which would be the better party to take a rookie too.?

i'm thinking diggers, but i am afriad it might be too spacey and not enough energy. but i;ve neverheard Digweed. somaybe i am wrong and he's got shit-loads of energy.

D I G W E E D

althought it';s not the same unless sasha is there it's still gonna be awsome


[can i come too !!!!]
 

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
is it easy to get those wristbands for entry into both guv and kool haus for the diggers/corsten party?

if so, i think a big two room partty would be a great first one.

like if we arrive when the dors open would we secure them?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

tella

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by R4V4G3D_SKU11S
When did ER/O stop spinning jungle?

they didn't. they're style of dnb is just techy, thats all.

i'd like to see ed rush & optical spin a 1998/1999 techstep set. mmmmmmmmmmmm!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tella
they didn't. they're style of dnb is just techy, thats all.

i'd like to see ed rush & optical spin a 1998/1999 techstep set. mmmmmmmmmmmm!

OH MAN....oh yes MMMMMMMMM

that's my steez, why did you have to mention that!!:mad:
 

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by R4V4G3D_SKU11S
This is what I was reffering to.

They've always been techy. I didn't know techstep almost equalled techno.

it's what I would call "minimal" drum and bass....carefully laid out drum patterns...I would equate them with early polar/teebee...more to their sound than JUST the drums and the bass
 

tella

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
OH MAN....oh yes MMMMMMMMM

that's my steez, why did you have to mention that!!:mad:

i have a few recorded sets from around the time that wormhole came out and they absolutely blow me away. they remind me of sooooo many good parties it's ridiculous. if i ever record them onto my computer, i'll let you know about it. the tapes are in pretty rough shape tho, i've rinsed them out too many times in the past 6 years...
 

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tella
i have a few recorded sets from around the time that wormhole came out and they absolutely blow me away. they remind me of sooooo many good parties it's ridiculous. if i ever record them onto my computer, i'll let you know about it. the tapes are in pretty rough shape tho, i've rinsed them out too many times in the past 6 years...

to this day I still compare ANY peice of DnB to wormhole...you enjoy it's seemingly simplistic arrangements and CRAVE more...will go down some of the best shit ive ever heard in my life...the MIX that accompanies the CD version is just plain ILL...each tune seems like it was made for each other...it tells a story and not too many full LP's can do that anymore
 

Pure Phunk

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sweetdaddy
do i get access to that with my ticket to corsten?
Yes. Your cover to get into the Guv includes access to The Orange Room (Hip Hop & R&B) and Charlie's (Breaks with the FOCUS Crew) every week. That week we have Czech and DJ Soda from Vancouver making a special appearence.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top