• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

EBay/ Pay pal question??

swilly

TRIBE Member
How long should it take to get your expanded use number? I signed up several days ago and i still dont have one yet what is going on?

swilly

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
It should be on your next credit card bill...doesn't get e-mailed to you, as far as I know. Thought Paypal discourages it, you can call your credit card company and get it from them.

~jen

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rejenerate
It should be on your next credit card bill...doesn't get e-mailed to you, as far as I know. Thought Paypal discourages it, you can call your credit card company and get it from them.

~jen
i did it like 5 days ago it is still not there

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
Swills, it will appear on your next credit card statement afaik.
if you can check your statement online, it will be there.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Aeryanna

TRIBE Member
Mine took 7 business days. It usually takes 4-5 but because its a Canadian account (I'm assuming it is) It'll take a little extra time. You don't have to wait for your next credit card statement though, just phone up you're company and they'll give it to you.

swilly

TRIBE Member
Hello chiefbambam:

You were the high bidder on eBay item #3446660067, "Gucci rimless sunglasses
SLV/SMK (unisex)." This email is to notify you that the seller of this item,
craziihorse, has requested a credit for the final value fee ("FVF"), indicating
that payment has not been received for this item.

As a result of this seller's FVF credit request (Non-Paying Bidder claim), you
are receiving your first Non-Paying Bidder("NPB") Warning. If you receive a 3rd
NPB Warning, your account will be suspended indefinitely.

As our User Agreement explains, if you are the high bidder on any item, you are
expected to honor your bid and are obligated to complete the transaction. Our
Non-Paying Bidder Policy exists to help us enforce our User Agreement with
respect to non-paying bidders. For details about eBay's NPB Policy, go to:

OK what does this mean i just got it today? do i have to pay the value for sunglassses and but not get the product?

swilly

swilly

TRIBE Member
i thought you had 30 bussiness days to complete the transaction i am still well within the limits
swilly

Aeryanna

TRIBE Member
Uh-Oh....you have to pay it asap.

You usually don't have 30 days to pay for the item. From what I've seen most sellers ask to receive their payment about 10 days after the bidding ends, but it depends on what terms they have written down with the item (You might want to go back and double check what they wrote down). You pay the seller first and then they'll ship you the product.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Did you not get the Non-Paying Bidder Alert first? You should have...then you're supposed to have 10 days to work something out with the seller. If after that, nothing is worked out, they can request a Final Value Fee credit (which is what you posted).

I looked at yours...Dec. 12 is like, 3 weeks ago. That's a long time for the seller to wait on you. There's nowhere on eBay that says you get 30 days to pay. A lot of sellers specify when they want the payment by, and it's usually up to 10 days later, from my experience.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/f-npb.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/bidders_nonpaying.html

~jen

Last edited:

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rejenerate
Did you not get the Non-Paying Bidder Alert first? You should have...then you're supposed to have 10 days to work something out with the seller. If after that, nothing is worked out, they can request a Final Value Fee credit (which is what you posted).

I looked at yours...Dec. 12 is like, 3 weeks ago. That's a long time for the seller to wait on you. There's nowhere on eBay that says you get 30 days to pay. A lot of sellers specify when they want the payment by, and it's usually up to 10 days later, from my experience.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/f-npb.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/bidders_nonpaying.html

~jen
ok so what does the final credit value thing mean then?
do i have to pay for the value of the glasses but i dont get them or what?
i know it took along time but i had to wait untill xmas because of my sister was going to pay them and then she was like ok you do it here is the money
then it took me forever to get my expanded use number

also i think i misread one part of the statement on ebay i think it said it holds information for 30 days not you have to pay them in 30 days
oh well

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swilly
ok so what does the final credit value thing mean then?
do i have to pay for the value of the glasses but i dont get them or what?
i know it took along time but i had to wait untill xmas because of my sister was going to pay them and then she was like ok you do it here is the money
then it took me forever to get my expanded use number

also i think i misread one part of the statement on ebay i think it said it holds information for 30 days not you have to pay them in 30 days
oh well
The Final Value Fee credit request means that since you didn't pay, the seller wants eBay to give him the money back that he spent on posting the auction. It doesn't involve you financially, but it does affect your standing with eBay.

If you e-mail the seller, you might be able to resolve this, ie. pay and get your sunglasses. Did you e-mail this person and explain your situation? Sometimes they're understanding, but if you leave them hanging, they get pissed.

~jen

deep

TRIBE Member
what does that mean? they will not do the transaction then?

swilly
it was a joke ... since you've lagged on the payment you're likely to get an unfavourable user review from the person who was selling the thing you were trying to buy

like I said to you just now I think you should try and get in touch with them and explain you really didn't understand the process so that you can rework some plan to pay for this

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
i thought you had 30 bussiness days to complete the transaction i am still well within the limits
swilly
holy crack batman.

where the hell did you read that??? 30 business days?! Are you nuts?

Most people request that you give them (on larger items) a holding fee of something like 20% of the cost within 24 hours of the close time of the auction.

smaller items like your glasses will require full payment within like 2 or 3 days of the auction close date.

there's no way you're gonna get 30 normal days let alone business days to pay something off on ebay. There's no layaway or interest free status on ebay, yo.

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
Swilly you really should research how Ebay works before you start getting "submit" happy.

When I sell something, I expect payment arrangements within a couple days, this could mean an email saying that the cheque is in the mail, or email money transfer, or paypal.

Communication is vital to ebay.