• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Eaton Centre Shooting

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
I stopped in the foodcourt to use the bathroom about 1/2 an hour before hell Broke loose! So glad I was outta there before it all went south.

How many shootings did you witness first hand? Being in the building doesn't count.
One. And a good friend who was bouncing (Howard Garry) was shot and killed there as well.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
One. And a good friend who was bouncing (Howard Garry) was shot and killed there as well.
That's fucked up and I'm sorry you lost a friend. I was asking Tranceaholic because I was interested to see how many shootings you had to witness before you become desensitized to it. I've witnessed one shooting and I don't think it did much to desensitize me.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
2 pm news conference. This gives Chief Blair enough time to figure out how to spin the arrest to look like it was the result of diligent policing.

I hope the dude isn't a minor. I hope he brought his gun when he turned himself in (one less out there). I hope, at a minimum, he gets incarcerated for life when convicted.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
I love fatso ford on the news last night "guaranteeing" an arrest like as if he is at all involved in that sort of thing...

Someone needs to to tell him that just because he calls 911 at the drop of a hat it doesn't mean he is actually a cop

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder what kind of photo props they will have at the news conference today: the table full of guns? The table full of drugs? Or will it just be the Chief surrounded by all the rest of the police brass in dress uniforms.

I guess we will have to wait until noon or 1 to get the leaks of who actually turned themselves in.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe its just semantics, but when I read this headline earlier this morning I took it to mean that the police found the guy and arrested him.

Yes, I think that is the intended spin.

kuba

TRIBE Member
meanwhile in the local school playground three black kids were running around with cap guns shooting each other and one pretended to shoot the other in the head point blank, the other mimicks his brains being blown out.

they're in grade 5/6.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
2 pm news conference. This gives Chief Blair enough time to figure out how to spin the arrest to look like it was the result of diligent policing.
Just because he turned himself in doesn't mean it wasn't the result of diligent police work. The police could've put pressure on his friends and family to get him to turn himself in. I've watched enough The First 48 and Dog the Bounty Hunter to know this is a tactic.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
meanwhile in the local school playground three black kids were running around with cap guns shooting each other and one pretended to shoot the other in the head point blank, the other mimicks his brains being blown out.

they're in grade 5/6.
i played with cap guns in grade 5. i hope I'm ok

or wait..is your issue with this the fact that they are playing with cap guns or is your issue that they're black and playing with cap guns?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Toronto police had better have some fascinating table displays and if they want to make an impact with the big 'arrest' unveil at the news conference later today, what with the ice pick killer being caught and using up the news cycle.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
Toronto police had better have some fascinating table displays and if they want to make an impact with the big 'arrest' unveil at the news conference later today, what with the ice pick killer being caught and using up the news cycle.
does it really matter, the guy was caught whether by the police or turning himself in, I think thats the only thing that matters and people can rest easy.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
does it really matter, the guy was caught whether by the police or turning himself in, I think thats the only thing that matters and people can rest easy.
Well I too am glad he is off the street, so I suppose I should just chill out and make some lunch.