• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Eat Less Amato's!

deevah

TRIBE Member
Note: applies only to Yonge & College location

So it's been almost 8 mos since we last ordered from Amato's - that's how long it's taken me to get over the last experience. Had ordered the smoked salmon pizza and the ingredients were listed on their menu. Note - no peppers were listed. When the pizza finally arrived, the crust was white and pasty and the entire thing was LOADED w/ red peppers. When we called to complain - the switchboard even agreed there should be peppers. When we spoke to the store location, they said they had changed the menu - in any case, we got another white & pasty pizza from them minus peppers. The menu that came w/ the delivery also clearly stated no peppers on the ingredient list. LIARS! but that was 8 mos ago...

Last nite we thought we'd give them another shot...ordered the pizza @ 7pm and they said it would arrive in 45 min - 1 hr. @ the 1 hr mark we called the switchboard again. They made a call to the store and said it was just leaving the store. I live literally 1 block away from the location. There was no traffic, no snow storm to impede delivery. 15 min later, still no pizza. *tap tap tap* 30 min after the call, still no pizza. Called the switchboard again in hopes of tracking down our pie and they said there's nothing they can do as that location is an independant. So finally we said screw it, let's go for japanese. TWO HOURS after the orginal call was placed, we went downstairs and the pizza guy was just coming up. Since i didn't want a pizza that had "left the store" an hour ago, we simply just walked out and let him knock on an empty door.

Considering the amt of biz i've provided this location, all my friends in the area order from them, friends from the boonies who come down to my place beg me to order Amato's, i've put up w/ a lot of crap from them. Never again...i'll just hafta get it delivered from another location.

I'll take suggestions on good za places in the area too...

beaker

TRIBE Member
regina's

i ordered a chicken/feta/roasted red pepper from there last week and it was the greates thing ever.

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
I didn't even read your post, but I would like to say that you can all do much better than Amatos. Granted, it is a step up from the slop that you tasteless maroons usually go gaga over (pizza pizza or delissio) but why stop there? Reach for the stars.

deevah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
I didn't even read your post, but I would like to say that you can all do much better than Amatos. Granted, it is a step up from the slop that you tasteless maroons usually go gaga over (pizza pizza or delissio) but why stop there? Reach for the stars.
does this mean you're offering to make me pizza @ my whim?

echootje

TRIBE Member
Let me get this straight, there was no snow, and you live a block away, and you were prepared to wait 45 minutes for a pizza which would have arrived colder than if you'd taken 5 minutes and picked it up yourself?

Disregarding thier service, which I admit sounds pretty poor, especially at their prices. That's pretty dumb not to go pick it up.

Rob

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
That's the worst customer service I have ever heard of. There's no excuse for something like that. You should lodge a customer complaint with the manager stating your dis-satisfaction with theier service and inform them that they have lost a once faithful customer due to this kind of treatment.

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deevah
does this mean you're offering to make me pizza @ my whim?
No, I'm offering to yell in your face in an attempt to wake you up from the mediocre food coma you have slipped into.

deevah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by echootje
Let me get this straight, there was no snow, and you live a block away, and you were prepared to wait 45 minutes for a pizza which would have arrived colder than if you'd taken 5 minutes and picked it up yourself?

Disregarding thier service, which I admit sounds pretty poor, especially at their prices. That's pretty dumb not to go pick it up.

Rob
some of us are just pretty lazy - that's the whole point of delivery...plus there was lots of bball on TV last nite

deevah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by opium_souldjah
That's the worst customer service I have ever heard of. There's no excuse for something like that. You should lodge a customer complaint with the manager stating your dis-satisfaction with theier service and inform them that they have lost a once faithful customer due to this kind of treatment.

That was already done last time

OTIS

TRIBE Member
yea I was just about to ask Kmac's question..

I mean I can't stand bad customer service just like the next guy but isn't it embarassing to have someone deliver a pizza to your place when it's 1 block away?

echootje

TRIBE Member
The Dominos on Parliament will prolly deliver to you, they make hot pizza, the ingredients seem fresh and it's not too far away. Just don't order anything with sausage on it, thier Italian Sausage isn't very good.

Rob

deevah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
No, I'm offering to yell in your face in an attempt to wake you up from the mediocre food coma you have slipped into.
Mebbe you should go work there as well...your tactics seem to be in the same dimension as amato's...you'd prolly get paid more by them than by me..

i still haven't heard a suggestion from you aside from listening to your ramble...let's hear what you deem as superior food coma

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Why would I spoonfeed you suggestions for quality pizza joints when you've characterized my talk as "rambling"? How about you drink a big glass of GFY?

Me/Today:

Not only are you lazy, but you have bad taste and no sourcing skills. Tut tut.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Pfft Pizza Pizza is the only Pizza worth eating. Fuck all you hippys and your brocoli, feta and Thin crust. Pizza is about a can of tomato suase, Peperoni, Mozzarala and other such meaty goodness.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

j bunny 2000

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hi i'm God
Pfft Pizza Pizza is the only Pizza worth eating. Fuck all you hippys and your brocoli, feta and Thin crust. Pizza is about a can of tomato suase, Peperoni, Mozzarala and other such meaty goodness.

Yick ....the only thing pizza Pizza has going for them is their dipping sauce. I can't eat the stuff without it b/c its so vile.

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
You might want to try BY THE SLICE at Bay & Dundas. I had one of their philly steak & cheese pizzas a couple of days ago ... yummy!