1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Eat it IPAD - Courier looks SICK

Discussion in 'Technology' started by StarvinMarvin, Mar 25, 2010.

1. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

2. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

3. ian

ian TRIBE Member

Ian want.

[​IMG]

4. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

so wait it's just a glorified notepad/datebook? no browser?

5. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

sick.

one of the videos showed an integrated browser. it's a pad for ideas on the go. this thing totally flew under my radar!

wonder when it'll go into production.

6. DeepSix

DeepSix TRIBE Promoter

That demo that showed workflow of some designer is very much how I think and work...

Crap. Another thing to think about getting.

Anyone know price point?

7. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

very interesting indeed.

8. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

those video clips WOWED me big time

I got this link sent to me in an email yesterday and was blown away

9. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Now that makes sense!

10. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

It's almost like Microsoft went to sleep for two years. Windows 7 is a good O/S, Windows 7 mobile looks to be equally as good and this thing is totally what iPad should be. Hope it's priced to compete with iPad and has built in Wifi support, cuz I'll buy that in an instant. 3G support via sim card or tethering would be great but I'm not holding my breath.

11. lobo

lobo TRIBE Member

Yeah this is what the ipad should have been. Being able to doodle and write freehand with the pen makes total sense if you need some kind of portable tablet. I would like get one of these instead of an ipad if the price was right and assuming those videos are true.

Lobo

12. KiX

KiX TRIBE Member

x2. i use a pen tablet every day and this is pretty much my wet dream. anyone know price/expected release?

13. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

Oh God more MS hardware. Red Page of Death? Blue Page of Death, place your bets

14. RumRogerz

RumRogerz TRIBE Member

wow this thing is incredible.
    I just don't really have any use for it :(

15. Dialog

Dialog TRIBE Member

If there's anything I've learned over the years, it's to absolutely trust Microsoft demo videos. The reality has so consistently matched the promise...

16. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

You mean like the prerendered prerecorded Natal videos they showed at last years E3. Ooh look its interactive

17. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

That is one kick ass palm pilot...

18. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

19. --[Zirca]--

--[Zirca]-- TRIBE Promoter

20. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

J Allard, designer of the Courier concept, Xbox and Zune unlikely to return to Microsoft after sabbatical.

Wonder if Ballmer threw a chair at him on the way out.