• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

eastern avenue warehouse party

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Art, theatre, and Kenny Glasgow spinning electro to an eclectic crowd. Sketchy concealed entrance through the back alley led to an amazing space and a wicked vibe.

If this is the way things are going, we are in for an after dark partying rebirth. And it sure is time for one!

Wicked party Nicole.
 

miguel

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by alexd
Art, theatre, and Kenny Glasgow spinning electro to an eclectic crowd. Sketchy concealed entrance through the back alley led to an amazing space and a wicked vibe.

If this is the way things are going, we are in for an after dark partying rebirth. And it sure is time for one!

Wicked party Nicole.
parties in this venue have been going on semi-regularly for at least two years. the only problem is that when that space gets rammed it becomes a heat-trap (more than anywhere else i've been) and you just want to get the hell out!

but memorable times there for sure
 
Last edited:

Nesta

TRIBE Member
i really wanted to go, but i was too drunk at a work related event out in the suburbs, and i wasn't about to drive down.

i'm glad to hear it went well.

i'm at the next one for sure.
 

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I was supposed to go... well, Nicole has invited me but I was so sick... I slept the entire day yesterday.

I am really happy to hear that it went so well, great job!
 

*tranner*

TRIBE Member
I couldn't make it out to this one, but this sounded a lot like the early morning artistry party that went down Feb 1st. Was it the same crew that put on this show?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by *tranner*
I couldn't make it out to this one, but this sounded a lot like the early morning artistry party that went down Feb 1st. Was it the same crew that put on this show?
yes.
 

exergo

TRIBE Member
hmm

how can one find out about such events......??

i am moving to toronto on may 1 and this is exactly what i am looking for.....hush hush...keep it tidy...but let me know please and thanks

serge
 

derek

TRIBE Member
Yes, I know this space. I think I played there about 1 yr ago.

Didn't know about this party, though; would've enjoyed too. I'm actually hoping parties move back into warehouse mode.

Is Nicole the same girl who threw that other wicked afterhours part on Abel w/ Kenny spinning in January? You may have already answered this Nesta; I just wanna be sure were all talking about the same party.

Anbody know of parties like this in the future email me.

Cheers,

derek@beats.to
 
Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

zoo

TRIBE Member
a few of my friends and i were complaining that we haven't been to anything like this for such a long time

i guess it's hard when you're un-informed.

is there a mailing list i can get on?
 

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by wineandboogie
..wasnt feelin that performance art though! g.
crystal wearing a see-through fishnet top made my night actually.
 

HaliBubba

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by derek
That's the only dilema w/ warehouse parties!! Cops don't tend to like 'em.
er... [most] cops don't mind as long as it's low-key and controlled (and not disturbing the neighbours). it's the hell's angels that you have to worry about.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by derek

Is Nicole the same girl who threw that other wicked afterhours part on Abel w/ Kenny spinning in January? You may have already answered this Nesta; I just wanna be sure were all talking about the same party.
yup, same nicole - same party. :)
 

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
a few of my friends and i were complaining that we haven't been to anything like this for such a long time

i guess it's hard when you're un-informed.

is there a mailing list i can get on?

thats why i pays to be a Free Mason.
 

enjay

TRIBE Member
:D wow... thanks for all the comments and support everyone... especially from you alex... things were so crazy with rehersals i didn't even know you were coming...

i would like to say something about the performance piece... a few things actually...

*it's part one of a seven part series about the seven deadly sins in Toronto (although we will change cities and places for each show. we used New York this time because like PURR the city was subjected to a brutal tragedy and survived)

*this one was GLUTTONY and specifically targeted excessive drug abuse and the problem the scene had with G a few years ago... it was subtle but Crytal's character, PURR, was slipped G by my character NVIE, who was trying to destroy her

*the next one is LUST.... PURR falls victim to SEX ADDICTION

these shows are pretty much invite only kind of thing... keeping it tight... so to find out you need to be one a mailing list or find out about it from someone who is on the mailing list...

and the cops usually don't care about events like this because we are doing PLAYS and THEATRE and FILMS... so they are more or less ART SHOWS...

again... thanks for coming and I hope to see you all at the next one!

nj
 
Top