• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

E3 Predicitions 2009

Colm

TRIBE Member
No one was expecting screenshots or gameplay of Agent at the show. Just knowing what it is and that it's coming is enough.
Well that's the thing. When GTA4 was a announced for the 360 it was apparently monumental news for gaming 'journos'. Shouldn't the announcement of a console exclusive Rockstar game get people salivating again? I mean, they've proven to be one of the few developers that can reliably move consoles with their IPs.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
The first two would be awesome, the last one I couldn't care less about.

Very excited for the new Metroid.
id be hesitant about jumping on the team ninja metroid band wagon.

since the main guy behind team ninja left with all his higher up programmers and devs.

guess that news made sense the other month when that broke. Guess he wanted nothing to do with nintendo and metroid.... and wanted more dead or alive beach volleyball

lol

rod_g

TRIBE Member
Watched the complete e3 Sony presentation thru the PSN Store

Fack, God of War 3 looks good. I rarely will sit and watch gameplay vids for more then a min, but i didn't want to stop watching the guy playing the GoW3. Had to watch it twice

Uncharted 2 graphics are jaw dropping

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
The first two would be awesome, the last one I couldn't care less about.

Very excited for the new Metroid.
yeah graphics are a relatively minor thing for sure. if they can make it both action packed and open world, like the original metroid was, combined with actually challenging gameplay (something nintendo has forgotten about for the most part) then it'd win. Metroid seems like a natural game to move to 3d yet IMO is still hasn't done it well enough to trump the 2d

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
i thought metroid prime 1 and 2 were excellent games.

although the most annoying part about those games was the lack of a free look.

you just ended up going into a room and jamming on A + trigger to auto target and shoot as quickly as you could.

Colm

TRIBE Member
Watched the complete e3 Sony presentation thru the PSN Store
I haven't watched part 3 yet, but I skimmed through parts 1 & 2 last night:

I was surprised to learn that Kojima speaks no English. So many things about MG make sense now. baconpan

Assassin's Creed 2 doesn't look all that groovy. Very samey, samey. 30 new executions doesn't a good game make. ch33se

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Well that's the thing. When GTA4 was a announced for the 360 it was apparently monumental news for gaming 'journos'. Shouldn't the announcement of a console exclusive Rockstar game get people salivating again? I mean, they've proven to be one of the few developers that can reliably move consoles with their IPs.
Maybe they're counting on the mere anticipation of it to sell PS3's?

The game's probably not far enough along in development to really show anything, but I think that the details we know now:

- late 70's
- spies/assassins
- same studio as GTA and Manhunt
- PS3 exclusive

do the job for the time being. Perhaps they're waiting to blow their load closer to Christmas and really push PS3s out the door - I mean, we got tons of info in that presentation about other properties and by many accounts, Sony already had the strongest showing this year. Forcing out an early look at Agent might've been overkill.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
That was pretty much my experience with AC anyways. Great, polished, nicely-produced cutscenes and intro but overly-complicated cumbersome-ass gameplay.

elektrofunk

TRIBE Member
that whole helicopter gameplay sequence the demoed with uncharted 2 was probably the best thing I saw.

uncharted 2.

Word is GOW 3 is awesome like how a GOW game usually is with very pretty graphics...not really anything new...but that should be enough...just hope they add more elements for it to stand out from the other clone aside from the branding.

AC 2 was never on my radar but after their showing...it was dope...going to get AC PSP too for the full experience.

what exactly is this UPLAY thing that they are putting in all the ubisoft games?

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I honestly don't care if they don't change a thing in GOW other than the graphics. The first two games were perfect (though GOW 2 seemed way too short imo).

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Yeah, the GOW series is one that doesn't need much other than a graphics upgrade.

It's a full on button smasher.

Can't wait.

The PSP GOW is amazing for anyone that hasn't got it. GO NOW.

:D

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
Whats the deal with the new PSP GO? Will it make my current PSP useless?

And why no built in camera? Makes no sence to me.

GOW looks mind blowing. Really good depth of view.

d.code

TRIBE Member
It's pretty telling that everything interesting or innovative in Nintendo's camp is for the DS.
seriously.
fuck the wii.
Ive been waiting and waiting and im getting tired of it.
Too much garbage. Im going to keep it solely because all my music games are for it. That and there will be the odd game I want to get- also my roomates are hard core game retarded.

So basically im disowning it and giving it to some mouth breathers.

fuck you nintendo.

(and metriod looks... ehhh)

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Whats the deal with the new PSP GO? Will it make my current PSP useless?

And why no built in camera? Makes no sence to me.

GOW looks mind blowing. Really good depth of view.
It may make your PSP useless - there's rumblings that almost anything you have on UMD will be downloadable for free or cheap through Sony's service as a goodwill move. Then again, I've heard that the thing may actually be TOO small for non-Asian hands, so you may not want to chuck your old one yet.

What would you want with a camera?

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
It may make your PSP useless - there's rumblings that almost anything you have on UMD will be downloadable for free or cheap through Sony's service as a goodwill move. Then again, I've heard that the thing may actually be TOO small for non-Asian hands, so you may not want to chuck your old one yet.

What would you want with a camera?
I love my PSP and it goes with me everywhere, so having a camera seems like a natural progression to me. Saves having to carry around your camera and PSP.

With a camera too, the applications and games could be good. LBP for the PSP would be slick if the PSP had a camera and you could intergrate your pics into the LPB levels ect..

Oh and GPS too..... The GPS unit for the PSP is awesome, but there are no maps for NA, so It useless here.

THe potential of the PSP to be more than a handheld gaming unit is limitless.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
While I like the idea of an 'all in one' device, I think it'd be easier to cram the PSP functionality into a cellphone rather than adding a bunch of features already found in a cellphone to the PSP (without the phone).

Frig, Sony Ericsson is losing money hand over fist but if they could crank out a phone with a decent Cybershot camera (I think the newer Sony phones go up to 10MP!) and PSP gaming, it'd be a serious contender against the iPhone.

Colm

TRIBE Member
I finished watching Sony's conference last night, and I have to say I was impressed with the already functional motion controller. Sure, it looks incredibly stupid and like a prop from Star Trek TOS, but by golly that shit works! Even to the point where it would be possible to play a FPS with it. Coupled with the PSEye, it actually can measure depth - is that something the Wii can do too? I was very meeeeehhhhhh until I saw the working tech demos of it.

And Rockstar seems like they're going full throttle with Agent. Judging from some of their statements about the game, Sony is giving them a lot of suppport. I'm betting its not using the Rage engine we last saw in GTA4.

Last edited:

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
God of War with that motion controller would be so beyond.

EA is already looking at integrating these new controls (both 360 and PS3) into that new fitness game they have. They've been playing with Natal for a few months already.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
EA is already looking at integrating these new controls (both 360 and PS3) into that new fitness game they have. They've been playing with Natal for a few months already.
EA Active. Bought it a few days back with Punch Out. Much more invigorating than the one that comes with the Wii Fit.

Still haven't master Punch Out yet. The fiancee keeps kicking my ass in head to head.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
My thing with the PS3 motion controls is that there was no analog stick, so in a 3D world how would you move around? I know it's still in development but the whole demo was based on not moving too much and everything is done in one room.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Do we know there's no analog stick or some alternative on that wand? Maybe there'll be a 'nunchuk' kind of attachment that jacks into the end.