• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

E3 Predicitions 2009

KickIT

TRIBE Member
In all seriousness, a Mad Max game created with the reverence afforded to The Godfather or Scarface or The Warriors would be so sick.

Some open world shit with Twisted Metal undertones? Man.
Isn't Fallout3 kinda like that? Minus the Twisted Metal undertones.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Yeah that's true...A lot of games have taken that influence and run with it. Anything post-apocalyptic, really.

But where's the Namco-made Thunderdome fighting game???

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
yeah and wheres the ability to customize your ride, realistic damage physiscs, and finite resources? I want Colin McRae physics dammit. With the ability to add a spoiler and tune my shit. Also paint jobs.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
yeah and wheres the ability to customize your ride, realistic damage physiscs, and finite resources? I want Colin McRae physics dammit. With the ability to add a spoiler and tune my shit. Also paint jobs.
Actually the latest Midnight Club games have all this. It's too bad they're fuck-hard. You can rice your cars up pretty good, and they all have damage physics.

Colm

TRIBE Member
Sumoretidbits:

- Lost Planet 2 confirmed for the PS3
- MGS Rising confirmed for the PS3 & PC by Konami, but Kojima won't be working on it
- FF14 Online launching for the PS3 and PC simultaneously, and will support cross-system play (orly?)
- FF14 probably heading to the 360 too, just after it has been released on the other two systems
- Alan Wake might actually get released within the decade (this is the 360's Heavy Rain, over-hyped, over-developed and guaranteed to disappoint)
- FIFA2010 to continue to kick PES while it's down

And there's supposed to be a big Sony announcement at 745 PST.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Isn't Fallout3 kinda like that? Minus the Twisted Metal undertones.
Borderlands is going to be a cool game, and will fit into this category. It's going to be a FPS/RPG, but mainly a FPS. It suppose to have an insaine amount of guns you can collect, and you can play co-op with a friend online too... I'm keeping my eye on this game.

doughboy

TRIBE Member
Beatles tracks will not export to Rock Band, and Rock Band Tracks will not import into RB Beatles.
That's what the internets is telling me
That might be the case, but I was referring to the ability to use the Beatles Rock Band guitar to play songs off the Rock Band 2 disc.

Colm

TRIBE Member
Hold on. So he's working on the 360 version, but not the PS3 or PC?
Sorry, I mean I don't think he's working on any of the versions of that game. In the Konami PR event he said he'd be instead focusing on the new Castlevania and MG for the PSP.

I think.

Flashy & Rajio: ID Games is working on a project that is essentially a Mad Max driving/racing/fps. But for the life of me I can't remember its name.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Yeah anything coming out soonish was announced/leaked long ago and should be playable at E3 by now.

Batman is looking like straight hotness.

workdowntown

TRIBE Member
thats why i wish they let me put spikes on the side panels and a cowcatcher on the frontend

WTF is that mad-max MMO simulator with realistic physics engine i asked for years ago? Nowhere, thats where. step your game up, industry!
I would sell my neighbour's firstborn children for this game and after completing it could hang myself knowing full well that this peak of existence could never again be reached and everything afterward would be utterly disappointing.

tl;dr: DO WANT!

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
And Metroid, yeah. That was pretty much the saving grace of their presentation (Wii Vitality?? Give me a break).

If Metroid doesn't fucking OWN though, they're gonna upset a lot of people.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
After watching the Nintendo conference I'm glad I sold my Wii. I also noticed that the DS is getting way more love when it comes to games. Oh yeah borderlands is going to be a day one pruchase for me I've been eyeing that one out for a while now.

acheron

TRIBE Member

And today's Penny Arcade post:
When they stepped forward with something called a Wii Vitality Sensor, we exploded with rage. Shortly thereafter, the sky cracked and we were reborn in a radiant pillar of divine bliss. The announcement of a new Metroid would have brought me joy merely because I love Metroid, because there is a place in me that Metroid is fitted to. That it would answer the nameless yearning of my heart and posit a serious take on the setting - with Team Ninja at the helm - was entirely too much to bear.

Sony's "Agent" announcement is precisely the sort of thing you shouldn't do when the eyes of all the world are upon you. They suggested that Rockstar was making a game exclusively for the Playstation 3, and that it was going to be as big as Grand Theft Auto, popped up a logo, and that was it. It was ridiculous. It would be like a magician gesturing at a hat, suggesting that the hat in question contained a rabbit - you'll just have to trust him - and then proceeding to the next trick. Even the God of War demo, which should have plunged the whole earth into an eon of fiery doom, had no consummation - ending an interminable conference on a downward trajectory. Time was, you could count on Sony to at least deliver some questionable video! We may come to look upon those times with affection.

Peter Molyneux has no credit with me - he must always pay in advance, cash only. I am completely impervious to him, so when he says that he's invented some kind of digital boy this firm assertion is refracted into harmless light. Illusions of the kind he proposes are tremendously fragile - it's hard enough to maintain them in raw text, without the idiosyncrasies of the nested recognition systems in play with Milo. Please understand: I love the future, and I long to live there. I want very much to simulate a cognizant digital imp. But this man has broken my heart so many times that it can no longer contain love.

In general, the freaky-deaky augmented video mechanisms presented by Microsoft and Sony are inert for us - that is to say, we have no reaction to them whatsoever. Absent anything beyond minigames and puppet shows, I don't know how to contextualize this technology. I can't be certain that it has ramifications of any kind for the games I like to play, the ones my friends like to play, or for the games that built this industry.

(CW)TB out.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
I really don't see how it could though. Unless its got the open world of a bethesda game combined with metroid mechanics and gears of war level graphics.
The first two would be awesome, the last one I couldn't care less about.

Very excited for the new Metroid.

Colm

TRIBE Member
Sony's "Agent" announcement is precisely the sort of thing you shouldn't do when the eyes of all the world are upon you. They suggested that Rockstar was making a game exclusively for the Playstation 3, and that it was going to be as big as Grand Theft Auto, popped up a logo, and that was it. It was ridiculous. It would be like a magician gesturing at a hat, suggesting that the hat in question contained a rabbit - you'll just have to trust him - and then proceeding to the next trick.
That's a fair critique. It was a bit preemie to announce a game, show a logo, and then promise that it will turn the moon to cheese and cure cancer in one shot. And yet to be fair, if MS had announced a Rockstar exclusive game, millions of adolescent boys and adolescent men in the gaming 'press', would have gizzed in their pants, fainted, and gizzed in their pants again.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
No one was expecting screenshots or gameplay of Agent at the show. Just knowing what it is and that it's coming is enough.

I mean, we didn't get a whole lot of details about the 14,000 Metal Gear games coming out next year, did we? And those games were preceded by that ludicrous countdown website.