• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

E3 2012

silver1

TRIBE Member
It's less than a week away and I sure am looking forward to it.

Figured I would start a thread to discuss things people might be looking forward to.

My top thing I can't wait to see:

Wii U details - we'll now get to see some real games on it and how the controller might be used. especially looking forward to seeing Pikmin 3

RE6 - Hopefully it will be playable in some way on the show floor so we get some first hand play reports.

Assassins Creed 3 - Videos have looked awesome. Hopefully same as with RE6, we get some first hand reports on how well it plays.

Bioshock Infinite - With it being delayed to 2013, don't know if we'll get any more detailed info about it, but here's hoping.

Last edited:

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Assassin's Creed 3 and Bioshock are the only one's I'm looking forward too.

Although I'm curious if there will be any really big reveals this year.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
I wouldn't be surprised if they do their own press conference after E3 announcing a holiday release.

But then again, I am wrong sometimes.

;)

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
There are rumors of Sony introducing some Vita games. I know Bio Shock Infinite is going to be on the Vita. I'm still going to get the PS3 version... unless they have a good MP mode on the Vita, which will make me buy it. Nothing better then a good MP match on the lunch break, but it does make the break go by a little fast lol.

I'm just hoping Sony does introduce some more games for both the Ps3 and Vita (I'm more interested if they have any hard hitting exclusives). Most of the 3rd party stuff has been leaked, but I hope I'm surprised. Also want to see how Dust514 is turning out.

Curious to see the WiiU as I'm always interested what Nintendo brings to gaming industry. The Wii was cool but miss the mark on a couple things for me. That was mainly to due with the game library, and the Wii waggle was just getting too repetitive. I did like the Zelda game on the Wii. Spent a lot of time with that game... I might just get the WiiU for my daughter anyways.

Last edited:

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
I think the Wii U, will be a solid gaming machine and i think alot of developers that couldnt release across 3-4 platforms will be able to do so now.

i think the controller is innovative, and i think the games and how you use it will be refreshing.

now it just remains to be seen how comfortable the controller is going to be when used to play( weight, how it fits etc.)

and the games that will be coming out for it will also indicate how quickly its adopted along with its introductory price point.

i didnt even bother renewing my xboxlive Gold sub, since i havent turned it on to play anything in months, same with my Ps3 due to SWTOR

BUT, i think i need a break from that particular MMO, Gw2 isnt out for at least another 2 months, so i will be playing my consoles again :)

MOD i just may jump into some Borderlands games if my character is around the right level.

plan on clearing out AC Brotherhood, and Revelations in anticipation of AC3, i cant believe Bioshock Infinity has been pushed back to 2013

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

so yeah. im excited for E3 as well :)

rawd

TRIBE Member
Something in the works for PS Plus too. Lots of different rumors from being able to change your PSN ID name to more top-tier free games.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
MOD i just may jump into some Borderlands games if my character is around the right level.
I'm playing the game a lot more now since I reintroduced it to my rotation lol. Right now I'm using Birk and he's at level 36 almost to 37. Once the daughter goes to sleep I'm down to play... get your ass off the MMO crack.

silver1

TRIBE Member
Nintendo yesterday had a "Pre-E3" presentation on some of the functionality for the Wii U, primarily more showing some details on the controller itself and their online strategy/capabilities.

The "demo" videos were hokey to say the least but it shows some promise in terms of using the tablet in terms of jumping in and out of the online hub to message/chat with friends etc. They are dubbing this Online hub as the Miiverse (Mii-Universe).

Also the controller looks like it can be programmed to be a universal remote.

No games shown as all of that is actually being saved for E3 presentation tomorrow (but you do see a peek of new Mario Bros. game as it relates to online Miiverse).

Here is the video of the presenation:

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Interesting concept but the one thing I don't like about Nintendo is that all their social interaction looks to be on a Nintendo-centric network.

So it's not like you're posting to Facebook/Twitter, you'll be on their website/need their apps which in my opinion, sucks balls.

Just like Friend Codes...it's almost like Nintendo is worried about allowing their tech to communicate with an already established network. And I think trying to split the "Social Media Universe" will do nothing but slowly erode and dilute it.

silver1

TRIBE Member
Interesting concept but the one thing I don't like about Nintendo is that all their social interaction looks to be on a Nintendo-centric network.

So it's not like you're posting to Facebook/Twitter, you'll be on their website/need their apps which in my opinion, sucks balls.

Just like Friend Codes...it's almost like Nintendo is worried about allowing their tech to communicate with an already established network. And I think trying to split the "Social Media Universe" will do nothing but slowly erode and dilute it.
From the video, it looks like they've done away with the whole concept of Friend codes and the like, as the video showed actually what seems like an expansion to what PSN and XBL have. through the "Dashboard" you actually have groupings of your friends, but outside of that it shows the whole network of players (i.e. the entire Miiverse) of people who are playing the same game as you are.

I haven't seen on XBL the ability to see directly via the dashboard people who are playing the same game right now.

As for twitter/Facebook, I didn't see anything in the video to show that Nintendo won't be able to connect to those (i.e. have an app for them like XBL and PSN have).

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
So what did you guys think of the 360 conference. I fond they mostly chatted about some smart phone/kenict stuff. Halo 4 was introduce but not many exclusives. They also showed Blops 2 which wasn't that exciting.

I wish the PS3 conference was earlier... what's up with the conference being at 6.

That WatchDogs game at the Ubisoft conference sounds intriguing. The possibilities for multiplayer could be epic.

Disappointed that there wasn't any deets on the new Rainbow Six that they're working on.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
I think the Wii U, will be a solid gaming machine and i think alot of developers that couldnt release across 3-4 platforms will be able to do so now.

i think the controller is innovative, and i think the games and how you use it will be refreshing.

now it just remains to be seen how comfortable the controller is going to be when used to play( weight, how it fits etc.)
This is going to be the same shit as the Wii and we allll know it. People will flock to buy it, there will be precisely about 5 games worth a fuck for the system, and the rest will be shovel ware party game bullshit.

Once again, the wii in people's homes shall sit there and collect dust.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
oh SNAP!!!

stick a fork into THQ, they are officially done.

The UFC paid them poor excuse for coders off and transferred their license over to EA Sports.

UFC Undisputed was literally the only damn game series from THQ to make them money. I never bought undisputed 3, because their online gameplay is a pure joke, and the game play was just... shit.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Scratch that, just reading now that THQ has let their San Diego studios staff go.

They did it on the first day of E3 to bury the news but that in itself is gaining buzz.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
They still have Saints Row and Darksiders 2...and the UFC games weren't really successful were they?
They were stupidly successful. Sold millions each.

I didn't bother buying undisputed 3, because i damn well knew it was going to be a shitty incremental update, and all the problems from the first 2 games would still happen in 3. From reading posts of people that play the game, it's just as fucked up as the previous two when it comes to online play, super create a fighters, buggy servers plus all sorts of other shit.

If EA can make ea mma2 w/ the standup controls like ea mma 1/fight night, and add the ground game that undisputed had. It could be amazing.