• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Dyson.

ChROmE

TRIBE Member
Patreeek, the Dyson is amazing. I have been a custodial engineer since the age of 13 and I have used plenty of vauums in my time. I woudl ahve to say that the Dyson is the best $600 I have spent on a product in a long time. Everythign is well thought out and quality built.

I.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
It's all about buying used.

These things list on craigslist for like 2bills short of MSRP.. $400 is a respectable price for a QUALITY vaccum cleaner. And as long as it says "dyson" on the side, the longterm resale value is pretty stong.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Krzysiu said:
I thought this was about encapsulating suns for their atomic power... vacuums? srlsy?
Yeah, i'm all about physics-related threads because they always get greeted with such open arms and warm embrace here on tribe :rolleyes:

If it ain't about paris hilton, cocaine, animal suffering or global warming no one gives a shit.

Tribe is a mobeus-strip self-interest. Why fight it?

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Snapper said:
I thought this was about some ground breaking dildo for men.

It is.. but i don't think that feature is covered over warranty.

something about it not being a wet/dry vac.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
We're looking at picking up the Dyson DC-21...It's got pretty good reviews around the internets, but does anyone have one and can offer an opinion before we throw down 600 bones?

Or does anyone know of a decent, cheaper alternative?

Rataxès

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
We're looking at picking up the Dyson DC-21...It's got pretty good reviews around the internets, but does anyone have one and can offer an opinion before we throw down 600 bones?

Or does anyone know of a decent, cheaper alternative?

I bought one and ended up cancelling the order after playing with one in person. The problem is the collapsible wand - you can't attach things directly to the handle - so you end up with this 2 foot long thing trying to do 'detail work like clean out your car. The hose itself doesn't have a wire loop in it so it is easily crushed/kinked during use. Seem like simple fixes - perhaps next version. They have fierce suction though.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I know, right? Look at that thing. If an intruder came into the house, I'd probably reach for that before the baseball bat. He'd think I was Robocop or Mega Man or some shit.

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
They tested vaccuums on an episode of The Shopping Bags once.

The miele didn't work so well, it worked the same as the less expensive Hoover... I watched it push a lot of dirt around, and really didn't get the small pieces that were ground into the carpet.

The Dyson was the best by far out of the 5 vaccuums they tested... it was pretty amazing to see how well it worked.

The next best was the hoover, then Miele, then less Dirt Devil, then another one that I can't remember, which was the worst.

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
we have a rainbow, and it's pretty freakin fantastic, although emptying the after-water is eye opening to say the least!

Karim

TRIBE Member
We have the DC-21 at my house. It's freakin incredible. We've had powerful vacuums before and they used to rip the fibers right out of our rugs, but the DYSON doesn't seem to do that as bad and cleans just as well. I can't explain how.

There aren't many companies out there that put the research and development effort into their products as much as DYSON does. That being said, I look forward to their future product lines, not only in vacuum cleaners.