• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

DVP closed during rush hour?

Snapper

TRIBE Member
Flood warning issued
75 mm of rain possible

Nov. 16, 2006. 01:36 PM
CURTIS RUSH
STAFF REPORTER

After more than 12 hours of rain, city officials are monitoring the levels of the Don River and may have to shut the Don Valley Parkway and parts of the Bayview Extension for the afternoon rush hour.
Officials say a decision will be made by mid-afternoon. The most vulnerable section of the major thoroughfare is the stretch of road south of Bloor St.

In the case of Bayview, the stretch south of Pottery Road, which is vulnerable to flooding, would also be shut.

Meanwhile, a flood advisory has been issued in Toronto with another 15 to 25 millimetres of rain expected by the end of today, making conditions not only soggy but potentially dangerous.

The total rainfall could reach 50 millimetres by tonight, according to Environment Canada, as the disturbance from the U.S. settles over the GTA.

However, some areas could get hit with 75 millimetres of rain, especially if accompanied by a thunderstorm or two, the national weather service warns.

The Toronto Regional and Conservation Authority is warning people to stay away from streams and rivers because of the potential for dangerous amounts of rainfall.

Flooding in low-lying areas could also result, and this may cause major delays on some highways, especially where there are underpasses or low-lying roadways.

This could make the afternoon rush treacherous.

However, the TTC and GO Transit reported at noon they haven't had any major delays on surface routes.

As of midnight at Toronto's Pearson airport, 24 millimetres of rain had fallen this month, which is about average for this time of year.

However, that could change over the next several days, with rain predicted to last right through until Monday.

This has been a particularly gloomy fall, with the lack of sun making September and October the second gloomiest on record.

A typical November gets an average of 69 millimetres of rain.

The record rainfall for the month is 161.8 millimetres, set in November 1985.

The driest November was in 1976 when only 11.9 millimetres fell.

Link

patri©k

TRIBE Member
ugh... I'm sick as fuck and I think I'm leaving here at 3:30... then onto the gardiner... then DVP north....

guess I'm gonna have to listen to the traffic report before I leave.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh, traffic fucking SUUUUUUUUUUCKS!

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
I don't think it's been raining that bad today. It's not even raining right now.

All this propoganda. fucking terrorists

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

billy

TRIBE Member
Snapper said:

This has been a particularly gloomy fall, with the lack of sun making September and October the second gloomiest on record.

come on everybody!!! let's put our efforts together and make november THE gloomiest on record!! yay!!!

could make for an interesting view when my subway crosses the viaduct.