• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Durham region tribers represent!?!

starr

TRIBE Member
Hola fellow Durhamites.

S'up? So I'm back home (aka Whitby) for a few weeks and seeing as the few people I kept touch with from highschool got the hell out of dodge and I'm not tons interested in getting back in touch with the rest, how y'all doing?

Anyone want to go for drinks later tonight? Or maybe tomorrow? Or next weekend? Any pro-tips for fun stuff to do in the Whitby/Oshawa region that doesn't necessarily need a car, although I do have access to one. And yes, I already know about Wheelies, thx.

Holla back!

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
poor, poor starr :(

Is Star Dynasty or Nude still rock'n? What about the Royal Hotel?

Do they still serve that great all you can eat Veal Lunch Buffet?

starr

TRIBE Member
lol....and get this. i might have to be in @ 7 a.m. on Monday. at least the train will be empty.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
I learned how to ski at DAGMAR, too funny!

I still remember rocking out at Second Story with my brother who lives out there, think its closed down. Drinking 4oz of C&C in a jug with a straw.

Good times - A to the JAX

starr

TRIBE Member
*insert buzzer sound here*

Dagmar Ski Resort
1220 Lakeridge Rd. Ashburn, ON L0B 1A0

Ashburn, pfffffffft. That's no Whitby.

edit: and it's Durhamite!

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Havana Nights is the shit out in Durham! Most of the broads have their own teeth still - SCORE

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
i moved back to pickering with the parents to save for my own place
it's been 5 days and i already miss the city..not to mention my friends are
already not inviting me places bc i live in pickering :( mind you..it's usually
last minute stuff and that requires me to wait around for 2 hours..and i will
most likely say no but the invite is always nice :(

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
starr said:
*insert buzzer sound here*

Dagmar Ski Resort
1220 Lakeridge Rd. Ashburn, ON L0B 1A0

Ashburn, pfffffffft. That's no Whitby.

edit: and it's Durhamite!

Theres actually 3 ski-hills in durham i believe... Dagmar... Lakeridge.. and a newer one that the name of escapes me right now...

btw welcome to my hood girly... livin in whitby (brooklin) now :)

and if you think the go train will be empty at 7am on monday you are sadly mistaken.

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
ChrisD said:
poor, poor starr :(

Is Star Dynasty or Nude still rock'n? What about the Royal Hotel?

Do they still serve that great all you can eat Veal Lunch Buffet?
the royal is indeed open....still always plenty of shady characters milling about outside of it ...

SUNKIST

TRIBE Member
MalGlo said:
Theres actually 3 ski-hills in durham i believe... Dagmar... Lakeridge.. and a newer one that the name of escapes me right now...
the third one is skyloft.
and i totally consider those to be in whitby they are all on lakeridge rd. Val, you win!

DJAlchemy

TRIBE Promoter
Hey Davey!

theres a few ski resorts in town yeah.. theres a private one across from LAkeridge can't remember the name.. and isn't Kirby in Whitby? can't remmeber..

dont really know what going on in town, as I'm usually downtown anyway, but if you like Indie Rock check out the Velvet Elvis in Oshawa on a friday night. The crowd is pretty good, and they frequently have bands from Toronto in town.

otherwise I'd suggest your local tim hortens! :p

SUNKIST

TRIBE Member
kirby is out towards port hope in a town called (oddly enough) Kirby.
it's off of the 115 on ganaraska road.

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
yep I use to ski at kirby the odd time... i'm actually at lakeridge all the time but not for skiing.... i fill up waterjugs for the cooler in my pod at the office from the natural spring there :) yummy water

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
i used to ski at lakeridge every wednesday nights and kirby every sunday.
i find it wierd that they call kirby 'the oshawa ski club' when it's not even
in Oshawa.

starr

TRIBE Member
MalGlo said:
btw welcome to my hood girly... livin in whitby (brooklin) now :)

and if you think the go train will be empty at 7am on monday you are sadly mistaken.
Ah Brooklin...I remember those kids, they went to my highschool.

As for the GO...I know it's packed @ 7 a.m., that's when I take it usually, but I was supposed to be AT work then, so I'd probably be on a 6 a.m. train.

Luckily the urgency of the 'deliverable' simmered down, so now back to my usual 7 a.m. train. Woo?!?

So Dave-r, want to maybe get a drink this weekend? HRM? Maybe you can convince the rest of the Durham gang since you're the popular one :)