• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dundas -Ossington

Northernsoul

TRIBE Member
Reviews on this area please? I have not lived in Toronto in three years so cant quite form a mental image of the area? Any good pointers or straight up facts? Is $1100 Inclusive for a large renovated third floor flat a good deal or just standard? I am really out of Toronto's loop so info is appreciated.

smilez

TRIBE Member
if this is one bedroom complare at:

my friends just got a place for $1300 top floors (2) of a house

2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, balcony, jacuzzi

duffrin & bloor

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Sounds like a good deal to me, either south or north of dundas are both sweet areas, cause your close to Queen/College respectively.

I live a couple blocks away (Near Trinity Bellwoods park) and I love the Neighbourhood

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
not bad if you can put up with the driving, ahem, skills, of the Portuguese....Chelsea Room, Communist's Daughter, two blocks from the Gallery district on Queen, the Park.

Northernsoul

TRIBE Member
Thank you all for the reviews and for your knowledge. I am starting to feel like the flat may just be the strong prospect we have been reaching for.

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
It's a nice area, Little Portugal, just West of Little Italy.

I live by Bloor/Ossington, which I like cause its on the sbwy line. I hate buses and streetcars.

$1100 is about avg for a really nice 1-bdrm, that isn't a bsmt. For a 2-bdrm, that's a pretty low price but its a renter's market right now, so you might be getting a sweet deal. Just remember to sign the contract.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
Trendy as fuck. Or will be in a few years.
sorry but I have to disagree with you completely. It's an alright area, I lived there for over 2 years, but trendy by no means. It is pretty safe, and there is groceries, the mall, liquor, beer and 7-11 all close by. I really liked that aspect.

as per the local stores / bars if you are portuguese you will be treated well, if you are not you will get shit service. Hate to be racist or whatever but it is the truth. Except for a handful of establishments such as the Lakeview diner where the service is generally slow for everyone, but the food is good.

The steetcar always tends to be crowded.

We payed 14 hundread for top two floors of a victorian, three bedroom, tow living rooms, two kitchens and a large deck.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by smilez
if this is one bedroom complare at:

my friends just got a place for $1300 top floors (2) of a house

2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, balcony, jacuzzi

duffrin & bloor

Wow.. sounds nice.

Jacuuuzzzziiiiiii

Itching to move out...

echootje

TRIBE Member
I live at Bloor and Ossington, but when I was looking I checked out a place right on Dundas @ Oz, I wouldn't recommend anything right on Dundas and I think it'll be noisy and dusty as fuck (you'll certainly hear the busy streetcar)

otherwise everybody else has it right, it's convenient to Queen west and College and there's so much nearby including the 24 hour Dominion... and Duffern mall of course ;)

Good luck!

Rob

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
I'm not too much a fan of Dufferin Mall, kinda dirty is you ask me.

Espeically the No Frills or Price Chopper or whatever.

Of course, I work by the Eaton Centre, so I may be spoiled that way.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Northernsoul
Reviews on this area please? I have not lived in Toronto in three years so cant quite form a mental image of the area? Any good pointers or straight up facts? Is $1100 Inclusive for a large renovated third floor flat a good deal or just standard? I am really out of Toronto's loop so info is appreciated.
standard, unless its over 900 sq ft

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
not a bad question...i think eaton's and the eaton centre were always separate entities even if they shared the same name. i don't think eaton's managed the eaton's centre in its final days (speculation), but i suspect it's better for all the tenants and as a tourist draw for the name to stay the same, until someone ponies up some serious cash to call it by a new name....

what do you think it should be called now that eaton's is gone?

matty

TRIBE Member
Living just north of College / Ossington and have no complaints at all about the neighbourhood. There are plenty of little grocery places, butchers, and bakers around (sorry, no candlestick makers). The 24 hour dominion is nice for late night. Liquor and beer in walking distance. Lots of resturants and cafe's close by. Best of all, long and mcquade is right up the street.

1100 seems reasonable for a 2. I'm paying $850 for a large 1 bedroom with a big balcony and parking.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

kuba

TRIBE Member
anyways- college street will have their streetcar tracks demolished in 2004 so keep an eye out for that

kuba

TRIBE Member
im looking for a 1 bedroom, willing to pay tops 1300

anywhere south of bloor, west of avenue

anyone whose got leads please let me know

thanks

:D

kuba

TRIBE Member
its funny- on ossington there is an ad that says "the west side lofts".

ossington and queen is a pretty bad intersection. i'd give that area 10 years to fully redevelop.

Phat Buddha

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tommysmalls
not a bad question...i think eaton's and the eaton centre were always separate entities even if they shared the same name. i don't think eaton's managed the eaton's centre in its final days (speculation), but i suspect it's better for all the tenants and as a tourist draw for the name to stay the same, until someone ponies up some serious cash to call it by a new name....

what do you think it should be called now that eaton's is gone?

http://cbc.ca/stories/2002/02/18/sears_020218

Cadillac Fairview, which owns the Toronto Eaton Centre, along with shopping centres in Victoria, Vancouver, Winnipeg and Ottawa that include Eatons stores, said it was business as usual.

"Cadillac Fairview does not anticipate any changes or interruption in the operation of its shopping centres during the conversion process, and has no current plans to change the names of Toronto Eaton Centre or Victoria Eaton Centre," the company said.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders