• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dumonde @ docks/ Destiny

nusty

TRIBE Member
I just wanted to get this thread up and going since its been hours since this amazing night finished up and still no sign of a review.

The back room had some serious sound issues and I gave up pretty quickly trying to enjoy myself back there.
The system in the main room was much better but when dumonde came on the hi's became distorted and the mid range seemed to disappear... not the best combo for a banging trance act like this. jamx and deleon seemed to be having a blast and they dropped some absoultly killer tracks. I was impressed with os2 as well tonight. He definately knew how to open up for those germans. He actually played in my mind some of the best tracks of the night and really stepped the energy levels in the room up a notch.
The DnB which isn't normally my style was also well done this night and I have nothing negative I can even think of. After a drink (or two) Ed rush and optical rocked it out and really got me into it!
The vibe was fantasic and I got to party with some awesome people including NuEra and Avro (nice to finally meet you).
All in all I had a fantasic night and was impressed with the costumes and the amount of sluty school girl outfits.

funkinbeats

TRIBE Member
fuck, it sounds like no one from tribe went to this party.... what a shame.... dumonde is just too much to pass up. I had my reasons since i'm out of town.

squirrely

TRIBE Member
i was there and i had a fucking blast. it's been a long time since i've been to a party of this size, and i really had no complaints (other than not being allowed in to the licenced area cuz all i had for ID was my health card--rarrrrrr *kick bite* rrrrrrr).

i agree that the sound in the back room was WEAK and i think it's a real shame that Destiny didn't get the *other* back room, but honestly...all in all i had a fabulous time.

yay Destiny!! bringin' back the RAVE!!

itikia

TRIBE Promoter
The event was an outstading success! The acts were all top notch, the crowd was out to have a good time, and the capacity was controlled. At one point they had to stop people from comming in to prevent over packing the place.

What an awesome party!!:D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

tatgirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by itikia
At one point they had to stop people from comming in to prevent over packing the place.
Now there's an idea Guv should try sometime...

Great success, no problems, nice crowd. All I was there for was DuMonde, and they delivered. Wish I'd known all the DnB wouldn't end til around 2, cuz I wouldn't have shown up until then. Wanted to hang in the side room, but the liquor was only being sold at the bar on stage, or outside, so we 'hid' outside til OS2 came on, and it was safe to come in again.

Glad to see events at the Docks picking up steam again.

originalVIBE

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by tatgirl
Now there's an idea Guv should try sometime...

Great success, no problems, nice crowd. All I was there for was DuMonde, and they delivered. Wish I'd known all the DnB wouldn't end til around 2, cuz I wouldn't have shown up until then. Wanted to hang in the side room, but the liquor was only being sold at the bar on stage, or outside, so we 'hid' outside til OS2 came on, and it was safe to come in again.

Glad to see events at the Docks picking up steam again.
For future events we have been told we can have more space (tides was a seperatre gay party that night) which also means liscensed areas in each of the music room so if you just want a night of only trance/4-4 or a night of just jungle and breaks your fix will be satasfied!

Thanks to all those that came out and helped make it an amazing halloween night!

OV

Dr Trance

TRIBE Member
Back Room Sound

BTW-As I was leaving the owner of The Docks asked me how I liked the DJ booth in the back room. When I told him about all the problems we all had back there, his response was, "Gee, no other DJ has ever said anything negative about that room."
C'mon, Rob-you should have just sent a techie in there to fix the damn thing!
Story of MY life, though...one of the two or three parties that I play in the course of a YEAR and I get a set up that is (how should I put this tactfully?) CRAP.
Thank God for Billy B's party afterwards!