• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

dumb question about rechargeable batteries..

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I have a charger that holds 4 dboule or triple A batteries. Can I recharge 3 at the same time or do I have to recharge them in groups of 2? I think i remember reading somewhere that you have to charge even numbers only but I threw out the package these came in. THey are energizer brand..... (silver with green trim)

tia

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
Stay away from the super quick charging chargers. Sure they charge batteries in 15mins but they also blow up pretty easily. I had one for 4 months and it made a loud "pop" and smelled funny and stopped working. I replaced it under warranty and in less than a month of using it maybe once a week it "popped" as well.

swenard

TRIBE Member
I on the other hand have never had a problem with the really quick chargers. Regardless, yes, you do have to recharge them in groups of two.

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by wayne bradbury
Stay away from the super quick charging chargers. Sure they charge batteries in 15mins but they also blow up pretty easily. I had one for 4 months and it made a loud "pop" and smelled funny and stopped working. I replaced it under warranty and in less than a month of using it maybe once a week it "popped" as well.
were you using the right batteries?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

madnezz

TRIBE Member
does anyone else find that with rechargables, whether you're using them or not (after they've been charged), they all lose their charge at the exact same time?

ie: if i charge a four-pack of batteries and use two in my camera, when the two in use run dry and i go to replace them, the two charged-and-unused pair has also run dry.

what gives?!

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by madnezz
does anyone else find that with rechargables, whether you're using them or not (after they've been charged), they all lose their charge at the exact same time?

ie: if i charge a four-pack of batteries and use two in my camera, when the two in use run dry and i go to replace them, the two charged-and-unused pair has also run dry.

what gives?!
I want whatever your smoking!

Jay