• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dubstep has jumped the shark.... New Korn Single

maphi

TRIBE Member
Yep. You know this genre has reached the end when everyone starts jumping on the bandwagon. Korn is coming out with a dubstep album. Here's a link to their first single produced with Skrillex. Gross. (not that I ever liked dubstep much anyway).

[YOUTUBE]fr3I54p2qhE[/YOUTUBE]

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
its super interesting,

dubstep has officially sold out more than any dnb ever did, after a sustained 20 years of popularity in the underground

dj_soo

TRIBE Member
Dubstep jumped the shark years ago when brostep became the dominant sound. Like anything else, there's still some amazing stuff being made, but most of the good stuff is being overshadowed by the crap.

I personally thought the nail in the coffin was that Britney spears song witht half time wobble breakdown...

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
to me it sort of did a crescendo, when i first heard skream and benga's stuff in 2003 ish, i thought it was crap, the music didn't feel finished to me, and there was no dance floor impact, just smoking weed music

then by 2007 with the likes of Rusko, etc... the music started getting way better for the dance floor

then it just sort of imploded on itself

what's new / next? glitch / dubstep / bass is totally played - what's the new electronic genre that's gound to sound fresh?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

skin deep

TRIBE Member
Dubstep has only jumped the shark because people consider the crap in this thread to be dubstep. The bass scene in Europe is thriving and this shit only gets played in top 40 venues. Any real bass event would be burned down if this stuff made it onto the playlist, I truly hope that this isn't in any way representative of the bass scene in Toronto. Bass culture baby.

maphi

TRIBE Member
Dubstep has only jumped the shark because people consider the crap in this thread to be dubstep. The bass scene in Europe is thriving and this shit only gets played in top 40 venues. Any real bass event would be burned down if this stuff made it onto the playlist, I truly hope that this isn't in any way representative of the bass scene in Toronto. Bass culture baby.

No, I consider a whole lot of other crap to be dubstep too. If it sounds like shit, it's probably dubstep. Good music tends to have more than 'bass' extreme sounds.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

skin deep

TRIBE Member
Dubstep alive and well in Prague, two massive shows on back-to-back weekends, Biome next weekend is gonna be large:
gentlemansclub.jpg

basscasematebiome2013a.jpg