• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

dubstep = fresh!

Hispeeddub

TRIBE Member
ya i was there, had fun for a bit, and left cuz i got bored. best dubstep i heard all sham weekend wasn’t in the village, was at the beach. dubstep parties happen pretty much every weekend here and the scene is really starting to get stagnant because promoters are not diversifying their events…same with djs....you cant really keep people fully engaged in a way that is sustainable when its all you hear in the night. The novelty eventually wears off. Funny i think the best dubstep ive heard recently was from Mat the Alien - he was all over the map genre/tempo wise as per usual, so when he went into the dubstep it sounded real fresh and exciting...

edit.. shit just realized the previous post could be misunderstood... by "all" i mean exclusively as in only that genre/sound not all as in all parties/sets are boring.. sorry

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

thunderthunder

TRIBE Member
dubstep is as heavy as i like it to b, perfect for smokin big faat dubes to on these grey days, i think toronto is the ideal cold dark and concrete shriven place for dubstep to percolate......bring it on

Last edited:

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
Hispeeddub said:
ya i was there, had fun for a bit, and left cuz i got bored. best dubstep i heard all sham weekend wasn’t in the village, was at the beach. dubstep parties happen pretty much every weekend here and the scene is really starting to get stagnant because promoters are not diversifying their events…same with djs....you cant really keep people fully engaged in a way that is sustainable when its all you hear in the night. The novelty eventually wears off. Funny i think the best dubstep ive heard recently was from Mat the Alien - he was all over the map genre/tempo wise as per usual, so when he went into the dubstep it sounded real fresh and exciting...

edit.. shit just realized the previous post could be misunderstood... by "all" i mean exclusively as in only that genre/sound not all as in all parties/sets are boring.. sorry

I really like djs that throw in a couple huge dubstep tunes in the middle of their sets, its such an intense throw down type thing, but if you play 1.5 hours of it straight it just doesn't have that some punch that it can when its the first tune in the middle of a set or at the start.

At shambhles, skream's set bored me a bit, where someone like Lorin who only goes into it for 5 tunes at a time had me so much more into it.

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
there is definitely something inherently nautical about dubstep... the whale noises, the submarine beeps, the swaying motions... pirate radio...

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
you know i'm definitely referring to that track that was posted (by stickybudz i think..?) i've had a few laughs over that 'whale noises' sample over here....:D lol whalestep

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
DaPhatConductor said:
i don't know what tune that is actually. it's fucking retarded sick though... i love how simple it is too!

gotta love them long bass notes... dubstep's got the longest out of any genre out there.
Z-trip listed the tracklisting on his website. the answer to my track id is:

WHITE LABEL (F THAT) - BASSBIN TWINS

I suspect attempts to search for this track will prove fruitless at the moment.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Been enjoying this mix the past few days.

Druidz - Deepest Dark Dubstep Mix
---
1) Winds of Change - Ruckspin, Quark & Planas
2) React - Doom
3) Malicious Thoughts - Bar 9
4) Trigger Finger - Benny Page
5) Lock - Botz
6) Mecha - Emalkay
7) Dope Angel (Antiserum Remix) - Rumblejunkie
8) Pot Full Of Gold (Prod. By Benga) - Double S
9) Lust - SPL
10) Top Shottas - Antiserum
11) Dream State - Riskotheque
12) The Rasta Core - Mac Koall
13) The Kraken - Wolf Man
14) Putrid Creature - Suspicious Stench
15) Destroy - Doom
16) Examination of Time - Babylon System & Noah D
17) Wheres My Money (Caspa remix) - TC
18) Eastern Jam - Chase & Status
19) Dancin Shoes - Babylon System
20) Steppin - Ruckspin, Planas & Lavellian
21) Lost - Valley L-OW

Direct Link: http://postbocks.com/uploads/druidz-deepest-dark-dubstep-mix
Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/154990988/Deepest_Dark_Dubstep_Mix.mp3.html

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
ooo!
nice tracklist. i'm all over that.

ruckspin/planas/quark have been really doing it for me lately. anyone catch atomise/warfare? SUCH classy shit. when all the rest of the dubstep out there sounds quaint and dated this shit will still be classy.

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
he gives me tunes sometimes, but i haven't got that one yet. he writes a LOT of stuff that he never puts out. probably intentionally. this might be one of those things. who knows tho... woppa was pretty much dubstep and he put that one out. i'll go ask him about it.

exergo

TRIBE Member
i have been enjoying DZ a lot.... and the new bassnectar joint, albiet not exactly really dubstep, CRUSHES!!!!

dubstep is really amazing...so fresh and new. skream at shambhala was next level...and mala is absurd. and dylan, that subvert remix of your tune on muti is jawdroping. wow!

keep pushing the hevay bass ;-)

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
any new shit as far as that west coast hyphy shit?

totally feeling anasia, vibesquad, dj laura, but don't have that much as far as mixes

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
wakipaki said:
any new shit as far as that west coast hyphy shit?

totally feeling anasia, vibesquad, dj laura, but don't have that much as far as mixes
you should check out eprom + hookers and blow (eprom + mozaic) they really tore it up every show i played with them this summer. eprom is probably the best producer out there right now, but he doesn't have a whole lot of stuff available at the moment. the antiserum are (obviously) amazing. they've been making big waves on the west coast. for hyphy stuff you should check out rodman aka lux as well as jantsen.

my favourite new artist of the summer has to be filastine though. that cat is AMAZING. although not very hyphy, he does all types of live drumming and shit on a shopping cart with all midi triggers and a megaphone on the front. his music is like politically charged arabic music, very dope. go buy his album 'Burn It!' you will not regret it.

here's a his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/filastine

there's a video up there and a bunch of tunes.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
DaPhatConductor said:
it's in the mail ;)

nice track spotting guys!
Anything you can do to hook up a House DJ who is turning to the darkside? I can't get that track out of my head and need to have it.

Although I would only be down if you had permission to pass it to me or could me a hook up on a legit promo copy.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Any similar mixes to that other one I posted? Have really only found 2 or 3 dubstep mixes that hit the spot (that being one of them) - but most of them have brief moments that I like allot, with allot of stuff around it that I dont.