• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dual Core tips?

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
So I have a spiffy new Dual Core system, is there anything I need to do in order to configure things properly?

MB: Asus A8N-SLI Socket 939 Nvidia nforce
CPU: AMD 64x2 4200+ 2.2Ghz
2gig ram.

Is there any tweaks I should do? I don't want to go as far as overclocking but I want to speed things up and cut down on processes running, ect.

I don't have any problems playing games and downloading huge amouts of torrents (though the torrent app crashes when I close finished downloads's), but I do have a problem watching videos and playing games with windowers (though maybe a codec issue).

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

randyval

TRIBE Member
Hi i'm God said:
So I have a spiffy new Dual Core system, is there anything I need to do in order to configure things properly?

MB: Asus A8N-SLI Socket 939 Nvidia nforce
CPU: AMD 64x2 4200+ 2.2Ghz
2gig ram.

Is there any tweaks I should do? I don't want to go as far as overclocking but I want to speed things up and cut down on processes running, ect.

I don't have any problems playing games and downloading huge amouts of torrents (though the torrent app crashes when I close finished downloads's), but I do have a problem watching videos and playing games with windowers (though maybe a codec issue).

lower your ram to 166mhz, then adjust your fsb to 240hmz.
then raise your multiplyer as high as it will go and drop your HT down to 3x.
should get you a nice speed bump.

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
How do you adjust all that stuff?

I don't have a dual core Athlon but I have the same mobo and an AMD 3500+ with a gig of ram.

What kinda application do you use to monitor the mobo temp and all that cool stuff. Will rainmeter do the trick?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders