• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dry Winter Air

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
So we all know the last couple days have been pretty cold.

As temperatures lower the amount of humidity they can carry decreases as well. This is why air on an airplane is bone dry, aside from the sweat and alcohol breath of your fellow passengers.

But I find when regular ground-level temperature dips below -15C I can't bare the dryness of the air. It irritates my nose and I can't sleep because my mouth gets dried out.

Ok one day's bad sleep is no biggie. But sleeping perturbed for a week or more starts to mess with me...

Would a humidifier work?

-jM
A&D

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
yeah it's -20 on average here.

I swear every winter Canadians complain about weather like it's the first one they've ever experienced.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
A humidifier installed directly to the HVAC is something that I highly recommend, if you are running forced air. And keep the HVAC fan going non stop to circulate at all times. h

me

TRIBE Member
I have an ultrasonic humidifier but it leaves a chalky white residue over everything which I'm guessing is from the minerals in the water? Any way to help this?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I have an ultrasonic humidifier but it leaves a chalky white residue over everything which I'm guessing is from the minerals in the water? Any way to help this?
de mineralize it, there is a chemical you can add to the reservoir or you can take it apart and clean it with warm water and soap. The later might be a better idea since you may have contaminants/bacteria entering the air from the buildup

me

TRIBE Member
de mineralize it, there is a chemical you can add to the reservoir or you can take it apart and clean it with warm water and soap. The later might be a better idea since you may have contaminants/bacteria entering the air from the buildup
OK, but if I clean it with warm water and soap won't it be the same result after I fill it up again!?