• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dry DSL providers?

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Does anyone have any recommendations? Anything cable is NOT an option as they all buy from Rogers and I keep getting shut off with them.

Since the only line in my house is rogers home phone, Bell sympatico is out aswell.

My only option left is a Dry DSL line. I did some googles, but the prices seem to be a little steep. Any ideas?

Jay

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
Shut off because you're exceeding bandwidth?

Rogers Extreme even? I regularily exceed limits and don't have an issue. I probably clock in the range of 150-175GB/month.

Otherwise I'd say it's probably time for a small business line. The limits on those are larger as far as I know.

If you're doing that much damage to the lines you're going to have to pay for it.

cds

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Sinister Shadow said:
Shut off because you're exceeding bandwidth?

Rogers Extreme even? I regularily exceed limits and don't have an issue. I probably clock in the range of 150-175GB/month.

Otherwise I'd say it's probably time for a small business line. The limits on those are larger as far as I know.

If you're doing that much damage to the lines you're going to have to pay for it.

cds

Rogers shut me off because of a "virus" on the network as they say. It turned out that there was requests for IP addresses that did not exist. Then they did it again.

Finally we got fed up of getting shut off all the time and went with 3 web.. rogers is still shutting us off.. lol

3 Web was great as my 100+gig downloads was not an issue and the speeds were great!

Jay

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
if you work over your bell rep you can get the deal that I got that they only save for "special"(ie people who bust their balls)customers. for dry loop dsl I got:

1st month free
25 a month after that for 6 months
then it goes to 34.95 for 6 months

videotronic

TRIBE Member
i have sympatico ultra HSE on a dry loop

after taxes etc. its $46/mo.

the speeds are brutal alot of the time though..im actually on hold with 3web right now checking availability and if its good to go in my building im going to switch

im paying for up to 5 meg/sec DL..im lucky if i get above 2 most of the time

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
videotronic said:
i have sympatico ultra HSE on a dry loop

after taxes etc. its $46/mo.

the speeds are brutal alot of the time though..im actually on hold with 3web right now checking availability and if its good to go in my building im going to switch

im paying for up to 5 meg/sec DL..im lucky if i get above 2 most of the time

3Web speeds are awesome. On news groups i would top 720KB/sec w/ an average of 575-630KB/sec .. but let me tell you, their support is ASS! The guy got so flustered with me , he had to tell me he was going and hung up. I was hardly busting his balls.

Boo

TRIBE Member
xtcfreak said:
Does anyone have any recommendations? Anything cable is NOT an option as they all buy from Rogers and I keep getting shut off with them.

Since the only line in my house is rogers home phone, Bell sympatico is out aswell.

Correct me if I'm wrong but 'rogers home phone' is a VOIP line using an internet connection, not a phone line.

So you would have Rogers Internet, whether you cancelled or not. Does the phone service not need an internet connection?

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Spinsah said:
Rogers is a landline. They took over the Sprint network.

you are right, but for some reason I have a special modem/box for it. Also, when calling about a reg DSL line, they said my line is not compatible, where I use to be when connected to bell for phone.

Jay

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
Rogers bought Sprint but also has the network they were building before the acquisition.

So you can end up with either.