• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

drunk idiots and my bike

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by why not
the bike was basically free, so i don't even know if i'm going to bother fixing it up now.
I'll take it if you're done with it. PM me and I'll pick it up.

millicent

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TRO
I was just down at spidina and king and I noticed a rubber bike tire (like just the rubber outside casing) and it still had the lock on that peice of rubber...I 2 things came to mind:

1. how did they do that while still leaving the rubber tire on the lock/bikerack

2. that simpsons episode where grampa takes his undies off without taking his pants off
There's one of those at my school too, I walk past it every day... The only explanation I can come up with is that somebody locked the tire up on purpose just to disturb people, like some kind of horrifying psychedelic art

MARCin

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mrs peacock
i parked my bike outside at young and chruch the other day all day, unlocked my bike went to get on and both wheels fell off, someone had undone the quick relase on them... haha yeah real funny...
lol, I'm sorry, but it IS funny ;)

annec

TRIBE Member
that's where i ran over the boobie trap and blew my tire.
i was tired and wanted to go home (it was around 4am and i was just finishing at the office). figured it would be better someplace nice and visible, right near the bouncers, than on a side street (where i've had bikes destroyed before).

anyway, before anyone else posts that i shouldn't have left it for so long in the club district, let me re-iterate that i know i was a flake for doing it, i just want to know why drunk guys can't seem to resist pounding my poor defenseless bike.
haha, you said boobie!

Boo to the boobie who busted up yer bike, but don't be such a boob and leave yer bike in clubland for so long!

boobie mcboob

fear_of_fours

TRIBE Member
why do people care about bikes

it is so retarded

you cant leave lights on them or people yoink them

i park my bike outside of the police station on college i hope it doesnt get fucked up or id be baffled.

alcid

TRIBE Member
anyway, before anyone else posts that i shouldn't have left it for so long in the club district, let me re-iterate that i know i was a flake for doing it, i just want to know why drunk guys can't seem to resist pounding my poor defenseless bike.
didn't anyone tell you? breaking stuff's fun. it's like punching someone in the dark - it's a victimless crime.

shortbus

TRIBE Member
yeah, i know it was stupid, but i wasn't going to walk it all the way home with the flat tire.

besides, i kind of thought that either the bouncers from system or tonic might stop people who were mindlessly attacking a bike six feet away from the door to the club.
i guess they're busy trying to stop their patrons from beating each other up.
hahaha bouncers actually DOING something?!!

we all know theyre just there to take part in the payoffs of drug sales.

kuba

TRIBE Member
true. if you assumed bikers would give a shit abot personal property NOT in the club, you're wrong. don't you write for the now, or somethng? you'd think you would know that by now.

AshG

Originally posted by Lil'Timmy
Drunk people do stupid things.
I ride my bike down to that area all the time, and park it out there. I've caught one or 2 drunk fucks kicking it or knocking it over, I just laugh, adjust whatever and go on with me night

Don't leave it so long mate, lesson learned.
oi, you're not english mate.
fair dinkum.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by millicent
There's one of those at my school too, I walk past it every day... The only explanation I can come up with is that somebody locked the tire up on purpose just to disturb people, like some kind of horrifying psychedelic art
at the corner of christie and benson ave, there was a traffic sign, with close to 15 bikes all interlocked to eachother.
it WAS art.
a van came by a couple weeks ago and snipped them all, and took em away.

why not

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kuba
true. if you assumed bikers would give a shit abot personal property NOT in the club, you're wrong. don't you write for the now, or somethng? you'd think you would know that by now.

well, i've always suspected that biker gangs were involved with some clubs, but now you're saying that all bouncers are actually bikers?
crazy stuff.

derek

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kuba
lol...i can tell you for a fact that the security at system and tonice are not ALL bikers.

certainly the bikers have there hands in many pies, but that don't comprise all the security staff in the city. not even system & tonic.

[SQUARE]

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AshG
oi, you're not english mate.
fair dinkum.
Ah i love the expression fair dinkum. My Aussie roomate in Whistler had a shirt that said "I'm fairdinkum". Anyway, get on with whatever you were talking about.