• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

drugs in the future

debunct

TRIBE Promoter
i always wonder (on kind of a big humankind stage) if we are still at an early evolutionary stage of drug use on earth today and if there will be a day in the future where everyone is high all day?

is that possible if you think about it?

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Mixmag published an article about this new drug that's on the London scene right now.

My friend in London said it's like acid and MDMA combined. Apparently it's also very deadly.

deep

TRIBE Member
if biopsychiatry.com / hedweb.com were still up, you'd enjoy reading it

ps. you're stoned now aren't you debunct

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by debunct
i always wonder (on kind of a big humankind stage) if we are still at an early evolutionary stage of drug use on earth today and if there will be a day in the future where everyone is high all day?

is that possible if you think about it?
That's possible now too.

However, death might get in the way.

tablist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
NUKE!!!!!!!!....NUKE!!!!!!!!

:D
Damn! Beat me to it!!! It's all about Nuke. I'd be a nuke-head if they actually had nuke. It just looks so cool!

debunct

TRIBE Promoter
thanks deep.

i didn't even know there was a whole genre of study about this topic. the study of changing a whole society and culture psychosis to believe that drugs are normal or any major changes in societal thinking is pretty interesting. i am not talking about hard drugs, but possibly marijuana or some new drug that deep into the future arrives that is completely safe.

i think it is possible. are we into unchartered waters here?

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member

i think it is possible.
I don't think it is possible. Just because there doesn't seem to be any way of acheiving an altered state (with drugs, either legal or not), without taking some sort of risk. Unless you're talking about some sort of buddhist, zen type stuff. Even naturopathic remedies come with side effects.

...but I don't think that would have the same effect.

...maybe this type of thinking is beyond us.

deep

TRIBE Member
thanks deep.

i didn't even know there was a whole genre of study about this topic. the study of changing a whole society and culture psychosis to believe that drugs are normal or any major changes in societal thinking is pretty interesting. i am not talking about hard drugs, but possibly marijuana or some new drug that deep into the future arrives that is completely safe.

i think it is possible. are we into unchartered waters here?
it's not necessarily a genre of study, more like a manifesto. hedonists basically taking scientific findings relevant to their philosophy, to try and chart out a potential future where emotional states and what not can be permanently engineered (i.e. through genetic engineering or drugs) rather than brought about by experiences. transhumanism kinda touches upon the ideas you're getting at, but they're a little bit more about abandoning the limitations of our present form than just engineering a certain state of emotion

I don't know if the guy behind biopsychiatry / hedweb tanked the series of sites he had up (or killed himself or something) but you would have liked what he had up there ... maybe it's just down temporarily.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

finary

TRIBE Promoter
as soon as fun things are magically not bad for you any longer, then you can have your day.

but i think you're s.o.l.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Drugs in the future should all contain zyban, so I don't smoke 10 billion smokes in a row.

*c*

jw

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr_Furious
Mixmag published an article about this new drug that's on the London scene right now.

My friend in London said it's like acid and MDMA combined. Apparently it's also very deadly.
called 2C-I

has anyone tried this yet?

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Syntax Error
in the future, we will all be drugs.

hey mang... can you hook me up with some green?

noice noice... is it the primo kind? yeah yeah.. the good stuff... oh yes... soilent strain rools!

gonna get so stoned off dem peoples!
OH YEAH!

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KiFe
just do twice as much.

bored x2 = funordead.

or you can just do gas.

*ding ding*
'Yo yo yo mang... hook me up with some gas... the premium shit yo!'

Psyklone

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Mr_Furious

2C-I. There's been a couple of threads about it already.

Psyklone

Cheeka

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KickIT
Drugs in the future should all contain zyban, so I don't smoke 10 billion smokes in a row.

*c*
haha - totally!

i hate smoking and I quit a long time ago but if i even think about having a beer i can see the cigarette in my hand too - even though i think it's revolting - cigarettes suck

Last edited: