• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Drop everything and run...

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
I am so sick of everything. Every day is an up and down. People are so fucking mean and self centred - nobody helps anybody anymore. I am so frustrated. I am thinking of quiting my job and getting a job serving or something - I am so confused - blah

sorry just needed to vent

I have never waitressed or anything before - is it hard?

diablo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by junglegirl
It can be hard, depending on the place.

The rule of thumb for serving is busier/more stress = more pay/tips.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
mmm, it can be. My friend was a manager of a restaurant and there was an incident where the owner was sleeping around with one of the staff. Later it went to court and she was summoned as a witness. There's politics where ever you go, it's just your choice to pay attention to it or not.

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
at 29, do you think it's too late to attempt a job as a "server"?

everyone I know who has experience, started when they were waaay yonger

FC St. Pauli

TRIBE Member

sorry just needed to vent

EXTREMELY

and if you can't stand working with self-centred people, imagine catering to their every need and bringing them food when you would rather destroy them

also when you come home from an office you don't smell

Cri

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Drop everything and run...

Originally posted by FC St. Pauli
EXTREMELY

and if you can't stand working with self-centred people, imagine catering to their every need and bringing them food when you would rather destroy them

also when you come home from an office you don't smell
ding ding! That is so true...some customers are great and so polite..but others are exactly as quoted above.

and I always smell like a restaurant when I get hoome from work..my hair..clothes..bag..everything..yuck!

But usually the staff is great fun.

BUt TONS of politics.

meh. a job is a job unless you really love it.

afterglow

TRIBE Member
Fuck.

I wish I could drop everything and run.

I HATE my job.

Ugh.

It depresses me, especially when I watch the clock tick by.

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
yup, and then sometimes you get those stupid punk kids who come in a nd don't know what a tip means. My friend was left with a .15 cent tip. Way to go, if they had dug any deeper she might have gotten some lint!

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Give your fucking head a shake.

What is the real frustration? PEOPLE AND HOW THEY ACT/HOW THEIR ACTIONS PISS YOU OFF.

I suggest you either learn to ignore people's bullshit, not expect other people to embody whatever personal code you have, or get a job where you don't have to work with humans.

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
you must find happiness from within.
This is really true.

Most people are stuck in jobs they hate. The key to not hating your job is finding something you enjoy doing and making a career out of that. There's always an option. You just have to find it. It took me forever to find what I like doing, and you know....it might change, but right now I am happy where I am!

lucky1

TRIBE Member
going from sitting on your ass at a cube all day, to standing on your feet running around in and of itself would be a hard adjustmest

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
I totally agree btw.

A job is something to pay the bills.
A career is something you love and do for a living.

pr0nstar

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
I am trying to find happiness from within - but then my happiness get squashed when I come to work and get shit on
I need money for what I really want to do and I am onto getting it here - SO FRUSTRATED!!

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lucky1
going from sitting on your ass at a cube all day, to standing on your feet running around in and of itself would be a hard adjustmest
probably a good one though. I sit all day here, and thank god I go to the gym after work 3 times a week, or go for a walk or something so that I am not sitting anymore.

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
I am trying to find happiness from within - but then my happiness get squashed when I come to work and get shit on
I need money for what I really want to do and I am onto getting it here - SO FRUSTRATED!!
well you basically just answered your own question. You know what you want. You know how to get it. You just have to find a way to put up with it.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories