• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Drinking

Magnolia Fan

TRIBE Member
Alright... I need to get alot of feedback here, cuz this is starting to piss me off.

So I go up to the liquor store today and buy some bottles of wine... come home and I'm talking to a friend. She asks what I'm doing tonight, and I tell her i'm gonna drink a bottle of wine and read a book. She accuses me of being an alcoholic... then i'm talking to someone else, same conversation, same result. Since when is it unacceptable to drink wine in the comfort of my own home? Is it really that much better for me to go to some dirty cesspool to get plastered and drool on the skanks, all the while listening to shitty top 40?

What am I missing here? Am I the only one that thinks its harmless to have a few drinks by myself?

BreakzBroad

TRIBE Member
i always smoke weed by myelf, and i often have drinks when im at the computer! mmmm.......baileys or corona! haha........at least ur reading!!!!!!!!!

*jen*

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

quantumdj

TRIBE Member
I'm on your side on this one. It doesnt matter if you go home and have some beer or wine while you relax. There are many factors defining alcoholism, and these dont even approach that category.

PinkAngeL

TRIBE Member
If you drank that much every night alone then there would be a problem.

Sitting at home one evening and enjoying some wine and a book is very OK!!!!!!!!!!

Ignore them.

Alone time can be great----ENJOY!!!!!!

seeker

TRIBE Member
i drink alone
yeah, with nobody else
and you know when i drink alone
i prefer to be by myself.

wise words from the one like george thoroughgood. ;)

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by breakz_btch
i always smoke weed by myelf, and i often have drinks when im at the computer! mmmm.......baileys or corona! haha........at least ur reading!!!!!!!!!

*jen*
not to mention the bottles of liquor stashed beside your bed Jen!!!!! ;)

...haha, like im one to talk! OYE! :p

~Lori

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

-Rudebwoy_Chin-

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by breakz_btch

*jen*
Holy shyte. took the words right outta my mouth. Escpcially on the Bailey's and erbals. Nuttin better than a spliff and Bailey's on rocks after dinner.

~~Brandi~~

TRIBE Member
There's nothing wrong with the odd evening in with a bottle of wine. As long as you feel comfortable with what you're doing and you're not doing it all the time (ie every night). Alcoholism, like many other terms, are used way too loosely which diminishes the integrity of extreme cases.

:)brandi

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

swenard

TRIBE Member
I wouldn't call you an alcoholic.I would call you a geek!!!!for sitting at home on a saturday doing nothing but getting wasted and reading a book.;)

Loser!

shawn<--sat at home last night watching movies and reading (tribe and a book) while smoking bowls and having a few beers.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Just one?

noooo problem.

when you start dancing with your shadows to Tchaikovsky, it may be time to reevaluate the situation. that's what i did.

i evaluated that it didn't matter.

Sugar plums anyone?

-jM
A&D

pauly j

TRIBE Member
drinking and socializing should be kept as seperate activities. talking to other people, and other "socially acceptable" activities only deters from time which could be allocated to drinking, which is afterall what you want to be doing.

be social when you want to be, drink when you want to drink.
don't combine the two.

marge: "do you ever drink by yourself?"

homer: "does the lord count as a person?"

marge: "no."

pauly j.

noahmintz

TRIBE Member
Those people are tyring to repress you ... therefore they are Nazi's!
If this is the case ... I suggest keeping away from the hooch for a bit though ... you will need all your wit to hunt down those fascists sons of a bitches!

stu

joey

TRIBE Member
i feel like drinking tonight for some reason...

josh, sam, jen??
anyone in hamilton who doesnt have to wake up at 3am?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

quantumdj

TRIBE Member
If you switch to my hours, then we could both go and get wasted at 3 in the afternoon, and there wouldnt be any problems now, would there?

Oh shit, it's 7:00 already! Time for bed.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
I don't see the problem...you're drinking to relax, unwind and enjoy yourself. You're not getting hammered to escape problems or something.

~jen