• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

dress code at clubs

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
i want to go to clubs this weekend

I went there last weekend.


don't bother.. the soundsystem sucks and the bartending girl had buck-teeth. *shudder*
 

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
I went to this one club in the summer, I think it was the old limelite and got turned down cuz of some egocentric bouncer. He was in his latest Le chateu duds and he goes to me you can't go in because you have on runners and jeans.. I was like ya but its not like its ghetto . Not to seem like a label whoar but i was wearing prada shoes and DG jeans so no need fo da atitude.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Humanjava
I went to this one club in the summer, I think it was the old limelite and got turned down cuz of some egocentric bouncer. He was in his latest Le chateu duds and he goes to me you can't go in because you have on runners and jeans.. I was like ya but its not like its ghetto . Not to seem like a label whoar but i was wearing prada shoes and DG jeans so no need fo da atitude.
Haha, same thing happened to me a few years ago and I made this huge fuss in the same way that you did (the people I was with said it would be a good idea) and then got all this flack for it.
*shrug* Whatever. dresscodes are stupid.

My friend Henry got rejected from the old Limelight too (Afterlife?) and when I went in, all I saw were jeans and sneakers.
 

lok

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Humanjava
Not to seem like a label whoar but i was wearing prada shoes and DG jeans so no need fo da atitude.

thats like saying, "Im not a murder but I did stab that guy 57 times"
 

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lok
thats like saying, "Im not a murder but I did stab that guy 57 times"
No its not because the point I was making is I was not dressed ghetto, or like skid row, and my clothes actually fit me propaahh unlike the ghetto two dolla and fifty cent bouncer. I buy my clothes cuz they are good quality, look good, and it just happens that they are name brand.

If I stabbed someone fifty time I think the intentions are a little different...:confused:

Besides I use a gun, pfffft :D
 

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
Haha, same thing happened to me a few years ago and I made this huge fuss in the same way that you did (the people I was with said it would be a good idea) and then got all this flack for it.
*shrug* Whatever. dresscodes are stupid.

My friend Henry got rejected from the old Limelight too (Afterlife?) and when I went in, all I saw were jeans and sneakers.
Ya that was the club. Funny even in NYC I get less flak. Such is life and not real loss.

As for dress codes I am not totally against them if its to keep ppl from being total slobs. Way to many people here in this fine city (laugh here) are way to dirty and need to dress a little more appropriate. I don't mean expensive either.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
does anyone know if clubs have dress codes?

i want to go to clubs this weekend
What club do you want to go to, bc i believe Tonic has or had a dress code.

Joe's is a lot of fun.
I went for my friends bday and the second floor there is a lot of 80's music and early 90's music played.

There is no dress code for that club.
 
Top