• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

DREAMS: do you remember?

peko

TRIBE Member
PosTMOd said:
There is no such thing as "subconscious" (and therefore "conscious"); these are remnants of old-school stupid psychology, part of mechanical philosophy (read: "the brain is like a computer"), and ought to be tossed.

What there is: verbal vs. nonverbal.
explicit vs. tacit?

i forgot about this thread!

EffinHard

TRIBE Member
derek said:
trepanation doesn't just get rid bad dreams, it'll be the new in-look for the hipsters in 2009.

i don't know much about the new psychology, but realize it's all just theory (old / new, perhaps, the new is a more cohesive understanding of the structure). although, i do recall reading about verbal / non-verbal modes of perception somewhere, perhaps hauser's, 'moral minds'.

other than that the last book i read on the topic was john c lilly's: programming the human biocomputer, and it was published in the 60s. i'm so behind the times.
Just saw some video of John C Lilly, he describes how much LSD he has done, how it influenced his research with dolphins, and how they should have a seat at the united nations. I'm just saying.

EffinHard

TRIBE Member
I love my action adventure / sci-fi dreams.

today i was one of the last humans on planet cybertron, megatron was tryingt o track me down and kill me, but we had a computer intelligence helping us activate defenses and stay one step ahead of him.

The other day i had a great dream about a terrorist attack on toronto, it was a gas attack that happened while we were on a boat cruise in the harbor. Had to commandeer the boat, bring it to shore and rescue some friends all while avoiding the zombies and the gov't.

think it means something? i kinda think it means I want to go on a boat cruise soon. it was really nice and sunny in my dream.

derek

TRIBE Member
EffinHard said:
Just saw some video of John C Lilly, he describes how much LSD he has done, how it influenced his research with dolphins, and how they should have a seat at the united nations. I'm just saying.
ohh...no doubt his research was way out there. keep in mind though, he was a physician, his work is still well received by several notable intellects such as richard feynman.

i find these type of books to be interesting and entertaining, but not so much factual. kind of like the mckenna brothers, 'the invisible landsacpe'.

besides dolphins just might make better security council members than say the us. :D

Karim

TRIBE Member
I took an afternoon nap today and I had a dream that I was in a world much like that of the movie Children Of Men. Where humanity became infertile and I was one of the last couple of thousand people left on the planet. It was grim, scary, empty, and just when panic began to set in, I woke up.

I hear that if you have a strong sense of dream recollection, you are more likely to be able to train your mind into Lucid Dreaming (Dream control)

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
Has anyone ever had strange dreams from wearing old jewellery before? Coincidentally, I received a very nice gold ring as a gift 8 days ago from abroad. Every single night I've worn the ring, I ended up having weird dreams.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I had a dream last night that I gave birth to a litter of kittens but I was embarrassed because having kittens is like an unwanted pregnancy. I had to give my kittens away.

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
EffinHard said:
The other day i had a great dream about a terrorist attack on toronto, it was a gas attack that happened while we were on a boat cruise in the harbor.

think it means something?
Maybe you predicted the propane explosion! :p

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
I remembered my dreams over some time all at once, and guess what? I taught myself gestural (sign) language in my sleep. Cool, eh?

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
Rarely have I ever dreamed of celebrities in my life. At least from the dreams that I can remember. Anyway before waking up today I had a vague dream about R&B singer Rihanna.

My guess on why I had this dream was probably because recently I saw a clip of Rihanna with Chris Brown on TMZ. The story confirmed that they were dating because they were canoodling in the photos on a beach vacation. For months both have denied rumours of their courtship and always said they were 'just friends'.

Anyway, subconciously I must have a secret jungle fever crush on Rihanna or I wouldn't have had this dream. Think I'm probably jealous of Chris Brown because he gets to bang her. LOL Sure I think she's hot and is a great singer, but I feel my biggest attraction to her is her sexy and sultry voice when I hear her speak with her accent from Barbados. That's what it is, her Bajan accent! :cool:

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
I have two dreams a week on average about either losing teeth or a plane crash during either take off or landing. Shit is messed up.

Unless I smoked pot, then I don't dream at all...........

kyfe

TRIBE Member
PrinCessPriSSyPantS said:
I had a dream last night that I gave birth to a litter of kittens but I was embarrassed because having kittens is like an unwanted pregnancy. I had to give my kittens away.

LOL you were raped by a cat!

praktik

TRIBE Member
agentRC4 said:
I have two dreams a week on average about either losing teeth or a plane crash during either take off or landing. Shit is messed up.

Unless I smoked pot, then I don't dream at all...........
I've had both.

Apparently the tooth stuff is a product of "fear of loss" in real life.

At least the last time I had one (where I can remember my state at the time) that explanation made sense.

Puma

TRIBE Member
last night I had an awesome dream. i was having a threesome with Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie.

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
Puma said:
last night I had an awesome dream. i was having a threesome with Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie.
Hate to tell you this, but you're not going to be okay. Get help fast! (and start the antibiotics now, just in case)

Last edited:

Puma

TRIBE Member
lol .. it was only a dream or wasn't it?? your right I should get checked out just in case.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I had this weird dream last night that my roommate from my university days was buying a van, kind of a small vintage white ford van that he was going to customize. It looked like this:

Then I was hanging out with this cute redhead who sort of looked like Carey Mulligan except with more freckles:

We were moving in together and she was telling me about some work related stuff. That is all I remember.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I've noticed that in the last year or so my dreams have changed from a loosely threaded string of more-or-less ridiculous miniplots to, what feels like, hours long detailed narratives of totally convincing reality. Like, instead of whack-job randomness they've changed to lengthy, albeit mundane, storylines of complete believability.

I also find that certain medications really affect dreams.

-jM
A&D

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
well put.

that said, last night i dreamed i was windsurfing through a jungle river/mangrove, kind of like this except there were real surfing waves:

fun times

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
I took an afternoon nap today and I had a dream that I was in a world much like that of the movie Children Of Men. Where humanity became infertile and I was one of the last couple of thousand people left on the planet. It was grim, scary, empty, and just when panic began to set in, I woke up.

I hear that if you have a strong sense of dream recollection, you are more likely to be able to train your mind into Lucid Dreaming (Dream control)
the jury's still out on that i think. i see it as memory in any other situation. I think you can still have complete control over dream events and then just not remember it at all in the morning. like, you did all that stuff in your dream, and only 'after the fact' was your memory wiped clean. So, basically i am of the thought that even people that dont remember their dreams still probably have the odd lucid, self-directed dream.