• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

DREAMS: do you remember?

peko

TRIBE Member
Someone once told me that when you see the same people in your dreams (nonsexual dreams) that your soul mates (in a nonsexual sense), guiding or helping you along the path of life.

This person's theory: Souls come down from the different levels of 'heavens' or achilles (sp) library at the same time for some purpose on earth. Once you've learned or taught your life lesson, your souls go back to the next level (I think she stated there were 7 levels and the library/archive was the top most level).

You may see your soul mate sitting in a chair, standing by you, smiling, at the end of a tunnel, in a boat, or where ever and may/may not have a bright hight behind them.

Do you remember your dreams? Or, do you dismiss them as a stream of unconscious thoughts?

Agree or Disagree - it's your own thoughts and perspectives.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I rarely remember my dreams.

When I do, they are usually pretty effen random. No rhyme or reason to them.

I search for answers to my life during my waking moments through introspection, taking them from my subconscience is just looking for misguided help.

spaboy

TRIBE Member
I had a dream I won the lottery 2 nights ago. It was so vivid & I was genuinely ectsatic! I woke up & commenced with crying

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I had a dream last night that I was an assassin and a photographer for the Mob in Long Island.
And I was out to kill some Indian girls.
But I was using the situation to get revenge on the Big Boss.

I was gonna take out all of the boys.

gasper

TRIBE Member
I had a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Alabama, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

:p

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
I just woke up from a bad dream that happened not more than an hour ago. My deceased uncle on my father's side some how withdrew everything in my Mom's bank account and left her only $25. Have no idea how he was able to get into her account, but he wiped out my mother's life savings. :mad:

billy

TRIBE Member
peko said:
Do you remember your dreams? Or, do you dismiss them as a stream of unconscious thoughts?
that's really two different questions. even if you dismiss a dream you can still remember it.

from what i have read, dreams are generally influenced by a variety of things that happened during your conscious day including actual occurrences, thoughts and general self attitude.

it's when people from my past appear in my dreams that particularly interests me. i try to figure out why. was i thinking about them or was it something i associate with them that was on my mind?

i also read that the best way to preserve dreams in your mind in the morning (or whenever you awake) is to not get up. remain horizontal (assuming you were sleeping in a bed). i'm not sure why that is though. it could be that once you get up and move your brain has pile of body operations to deal with where lying flat and still involves far less brain activity

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
A dream is a confabulation based upon the sleeping brain's activity patterns matching those [somewhat] of the awakened brain's. Thus, as one gets older and experienced, there will be less matching, which is why older people tend to dream less, i.e. there is no need for the brain to confabulate a real world match to the somewhat random activity of the sleeping brain.

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
I never dream about strangers... but I have a lot of dreams that predict things. Like that my cousin was going to have a baby (she got pregnant 1 month later), that my grandmother was going to die (she passed away 1 month later), that my friend was going to get married (she got engaged 1 month later).... and more.

But more often than not, I confuse my dreams with reality. I think ila posted something about this... where she thinks things happened, but she really just dreamed them. That happens to me all the time. I've even started to dislike people in real life for stuff they've done in my dreams.

possibledj

TRIBE Promoter
I very rarely remember my dreams until about a week ago. I started taking melatonin as a sleep aid which has totally been working (thanks postmod), and my dreams have been absolutely nuts. they haven't necessarily been 'good' dreams, but not weird enough to be bad. They have been strangely lucid too, which is something I had never experienced until the other day. A couple of them have been Lost themed too, which has been really awesome. Anyway, I would HIGHLY recommend the melatonin to anyone who has trouble falling asleep like I do, and doesn't mind the occasional (ok, consistent) trippy dream. I enjoy the dreams myself, but they are a bit on the bizarre side.

Aleks

TRIBE Member
how coincidental that this thread pops up today. i had the weirdest dream last night that somehow involved someone on here that i don't know that well. It was like that said person was my guide through this dream. It was somewhat paranoid, like a common feeling throughout the dream was that we were under surveillance and we had to escape. In all honesty i get paranoid dreams where i'm trying to run away from a place or person all the time. i really don't know what that says about my subconscious brain?

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
All you have to do is evaluate your current situation in life, and try to figure out how the theme in your dreams might apply. Because really, it's just your subconcious re-organizing things in your brain.

It's not rocket surgery! :p

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
Naw... maybe you feel like someone is too nosey in your life? And you're always trying to hide things from them?

Or maybe there's some emotions or memories that you've been running from?

Or maybe you feel trapped somehow, and need to escape?

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
Personally, I found the melatonin useless and gave up after two weeks. I already have ridiculously weird dreams so that was no different either. I no longer worry about quantity of sleep, rather quality of sleep. Since I rarely have nightmares, the weird dreams are more of form of entertainment than anything else.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
possibledj said:
I would HIGHLY recommend the melatonin to anyone who has trouble falling asleep like I do, and doesn't mind the occasional (ok, consistent) trippy dream.
If you read between the lines of the [barebones] dream theory I posted above, you might note that--if it's true--melatonin probably has some brain-improving ["anti-aging"] properties.

Aleks

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
Naw... maybe you feel like someone is too nosey in your life? And you're always trying to hide things from them?

Or maybe there's some emotions or memories that you've been running from?

Or maybe you feel trapped somehow, and need to escape?
hmm, i think the latter of your suggestions may hold truth in my case, although not literally...

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
Aleks, I wasn't trying to analyze your dreams at all... just trying to get you to see my point on how to think about your dreams. Don't take them literally, is all :)

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
Postmod, I agree with your theory on dreams. So why can't you think about your dreams as a part of your subconscious? Your dreams may be telling you something about your real life that you haven't consciously thought about.

Aleks

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
Aleks, I wasn't trying to analyze your dreams at all... just trying to get you to see my point on how to think about your dreams. Don't take them literally, is all :)

oh of course. your suggestion just rang true to me at the moment...

peko

TRIBE Member
The Watcher said:
I search for answers to my life during my waking moments through introspection, taking them from my subconscience is just looking for misguided help.
very true - actually, the person who gave me this story about soul mates appearing in your dreams didn't state that you look into your dreams for guidance or help - but that it happens in real life, and those people who appear in a helpful or non-judgement way in your dreams, may teach you something in real life.

i just wanted to throw this 'out there' because I like the soul mate story (again, this isn't a romantic notion of a soul mate as told through the church).

does anyone know what I'm referring to or talking about regarding the 7 planes of energy (heavens is totally the wrong word I used in my first post)?

the centre of the circle is earth
the next circle out is Astral
the third cirlcle is called Causal
the fourth circle is the Akashic Records
the fifth circle is Truth/Mental
the sixth is called Love Messianiac (spelled wrong)
the seventh circle (and biggest) is the Buddhic plane

I don't know much about buddhism, so please excuse me if I'm not getting some of the terms correct - is your energy your tao?

/gone way off topic - but this is the part that interests me.

postmod - good analogy.

peko

TRIBE Member
spaboy said:
I had a dream I won the lottery 2 nights ago. It was so vivid & I was genuinely ectsatic! I woke up & commenced with crying
why? you're fortunate with a rich life?! :D

'analyze this' armchair: didn't you just start a new job?