1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Dreams ... do you remember them?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by juice, Aug 22, 2003.

1. juice

juice TRIBE Member

It's very rare that I remember my dreams at all. Once in a while I'll remember bits and pieces but that's about it. From Monday night on this week I've been able to remember every single dream in great detail, maybe it helped that the Monday dream was nice and dirty I dunno.

I really wish I could remember more of them because some people I know have some awesome dreams. So do you often remember them fully? Bits and pieces? Not at all?

2. joey

joey TRIBE Member

they fade fast

3. I tried to write down my dreams after just having them (you know, paper and pencil beside the bed), but came to the realization that I can't write very well in the dark, and I'm too lazy to go turn on the light.

4. IgStar

IgStar TRIBE Member

I go through spurts to of remembering them....usually I do remember them in great detail.
    Some I wish to forget but cannot.

I hate when you wake from a dream that you just don't wanna wake out of though.:(

5. Syntax Error

Syntax Error Well-Known TRIBEr

i usually am able to remember bits an pieces. then if if tell someone about my dream i start making up shit to fill the holes. then i'll end up having a dream about telling someone about my dream but it'll be different then when i first told it then i realize that i'm not dreaming at all and i just shit myself.

6. lok

lok TRIBE Member

I only remember images and emotions very strongly. plot, characters, cinematography .. they are always sketchy

7. dynasty

dynasty TRIBE Member

About a month ago I had a recurring dream from my childhood.

At the end of summer my dad would close up the pool. I use to dream that mermaids were crying that they were stuck under the winter cover. I remember it upsetting me when I was young.

Why the fuck did this dream come back? Maybe it was something that I saw/ heard. But it is weird none the less.

8. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

Yeah, that sucks.

I don't like being stuck in a dream I want to get out of. The thing that sucks is that I'll often dream that I woke up and be relieved, but then the nightmarish shit will happen again. I'll dream that I wake up 7 or 8 times before I actually do wake up for real.

9. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

I never remember my dreams... I'm not a deep sleeper.. I drift.. soo... booo

10. Ditto Much

Ditto Much TRIBE Member

only the dirty ones,

who'd have guessed i have such an explicit mind.

-aardvark

11. Kalemic

Kalemic TRIBE Promoter

I'm with Indian Girl, I wish I could forget my dreams...

I have incredibly vivid dreams that seem to always linger after I've woken up. Alot of the time, actually such as today, I'll wake up with a feeling or an instinct because it takes me a while to differentiate what was the dream to what is reality. Today I woke up with such a sense of anxiety... not only that but the anxiety upset my stomach, all of this and I couldn't really place the reason for it, just knew that I felt it. These feelings not only upset me, but also brought up thoughts that I didn't particularily want to deal with first thing in the morning.

I really hate dreaming, and if I never dream again it would be quite nice.

I used to have some pretty fucked up reoccuring dreams but luckily they haven't been nearly as frequent the past few years.

12. DaftPunky

DaftPunky TRIBE Member

I've been having weird dreams this week. Say I have one on the first night, come the second night I'll have another, and part of the second one will vividly show me what I was dreaming about the night prior. But it has no impact on the "storyline" or outcome of the new dream, but it always reminds me that I had a dream about something else entirely the night before. I think I'm on my 5th or 6th iteration of this. The most recent one had flashbacks (albeit brief) to ALL 4 or 5 before it. Really weird.

Any good psychoanalysts out there that would know wtf that's all about?

13. Silvershadow

Silvershadow TRIBE Member

If you've got a mini tape recorder (kinda like those ones that some students bring to lectures), you can keep it on your bedside table, reach for it in the dark, record what your dream was, then later on you can write them down if you want.

14. Don't have a mini tape recorder, but that's a good idea. Thanks :)

15. kerouacdude

kerouacdude TRIBE Member

Get a pen light or book light from Staples, they're tiny and you'll barely have to move.

Tips for remembering dreams:
    Spend 30-45 seconds in each conceivable sleep position before getting up, theory's that your mind will connect with the position you were in when you were dreaming it.
    Use the snooze button.
    Somewhat hard, but try not to open your eyes wide when the alarm goes off.
    If you've got a vague sense of the dream, ask yourself what colours were present, what things you were thinking, what time of day, etc.

16. Silvershadow

Silvershadow TRIBE Member

Don't know about that... it's actually easier to remember your dreams if you woke up on your own, rather than if you were woken up by something else.

17. kerouacdude

kerouacdude TRIBE Member

after your alarm goes off, lucid dream enthusiasts advocate using the snooze button a few times before you get up...coz you'll invariably fall asleep again, and it'll be easier to remember your dreams coz only a few minutes have passed (though the dream itself may seem like it's spanned hours). The dreams you remember are not going to be the ones at 2 am, if they happen at that time at all, they're going to be the ones closest to when you wake up. So, if you wake up several times, more dreams.

18. depraved

depraved TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

I like dreaming; that's where I'm a pirate

19. deep

deep TRIBE Member

naptime, viking

gd it

20. The Peej

The Peej TRIBE Member

DREAMS!!! :):):)

I remember mine in full technicolour!!!

I usualy have a rapid fire plasma gun, a jet pack, and... oh yeah... HUGE PECTORAL MUSCLES!!!

And most of my dreams involve saving a lady or ladies of some sort... usually from some giant monster... then flying for a very long time... while smooching!

when I was 6 years old I had a nightmare... my father came into my room when I woke up screaming and very calmly asked me why I didn't just control my own dreams. Being that I was so young and that he said it like it was just a regular expected thing, I believed him and it worked...oooh the power of suggestion. I've since be able to take almost full control over 75% of my dreams. ( Hence the lazer and the pecs! ) There's usually a point in the dream where a catastophic event or strange occurance sparks my "dream awareness"... I.E. my 3rd grade french teacher is suddenly 17 feet tall and not wearing pants... these sort of things kindof flick on the control switch and usually the jet pack is equiped seconds later...

It's great!!

I almost ALWAYS remember them ALL... the ones I forget I remember at first and then forget them.

Lately I'm even able to pause my dreams ( the real good ones ) and say, wake up to take a piss, then go right back to sleep and resume where I left off... and when THAT happens my control level skyrockets...

It's strange my concious control "fights" the actual driving force behind the dream... I.E. I'm flying in between buildings or something... and there are badguys shooting at me from on the ground... and I know if I just fly higher they can't reach me... but something... we'll call it... hmmm... the sandman is limiting how high I can fly... But I can feel it like it's a physical force preventing me from having "full control"

I love dreams!!!

*Ralph* Yay sleep is where i'm a Viking! *Ralph*

Peej

21. JESuX

JESuX TRIBE Member

I only remember the ones I have that *you're* in, Andrew.
    ;)

Kidding!
    I only remember ones that are really intense. Sometimes, I forget them as soon as I wake up, and then they FLOOD back to me the second I shut my eyes when I'm in the shower or something. It's really odd.

Other times, they're BURNED into my memory and I can't get them out of my head.

I think it's a really subjective topic, some people don't even dream in colour. Others have dreams about inane things like skateboarding around naked. I have dreams about kittens exploding, for example... It all depends on who yer talkin' to.

:)

22. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known TRIBEr

Will I dream?

23. EyeSpy

EyeSpy TRIBE Member

I remember every part of my dreams. I live by my dreams. Normally they are based in the future and the cities are trashy and run down. People vairy from strangers to known people. I am always with someone and having logical conversations. I always have water located around me. But I'm mostly on missions that are hard to explain. A lot of the times things from my dreams happen in real life. Thats the scary part of them.

24. rubytuesday

rubytuesday TRIBE Member

I can remember vividly about a dozen dreams from before I was 10 yrs old.

I dream in colour, but sometimes it'll be black and white mixed with colour and I also have some dreams in cartoon mixed with realistic images.

I always have dreams where I'm flying or running and I'm full of energy.

My bf and I a few times have had strikingly similar dreams the same night. I also have the worst deja vu...I'll dream I've already dreamt something, but when I wake up it's the first time.

Does anyone else find their dreams take place mostly in places from childhood? I'm always back at my first school or my old house, but in different situations.

The best is waking up from a bad dream and realizing it didn't happen.

25. Dirtymatt

Dirtymatt TRIBE Member

I find that if I eat cheese before I go to bed then I tend to dream far more vividly and the dreams tend to be more fucked up than if I hadnt eaten.

I think I might conduct an experiment to determine the best type of cheese to eat. last night brie, tonight mozzarella.