• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Drake vs Meek Mill Ghostwriter Beef

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
One skill that is valued among rappers more than anything else is their ability to come up with rhymes that are sharp, smart and, most importantly of all, their own. So it's a pretty big charge that rapper Meek Mill made on Twitter last night, saying that Drake does not, in fact, write his own rhymes.
Stop comparing drake to me too.... He don't write his own raps! That's why he ain't tweet my album because we found out!
— Meek Mill (@MeekMill) July 22, 2015
Meek Mill went on to say that his team learned that Drake didn't write his verse that appeared on "R.I.C.O.," off Mill's album Dreams Worth More than Money, and had they known ahead of time, they would have pulled it.
And it ain't about no tweet he ain't post my album and he on it because he know we found out! It's so much to it lol
— Meek Mill (@MeekMill) July 22, 2015
There's more to Mill's accusations (a lot more), which you can check out on his Twitter page, although there's no way to confirm whether what he says is true or not. If it is, it could do a lot of damage to Drake's credibility, which he's been working hard to restore after the infamous Blackberry freestyle of 2009.
Update: It's been pointed out that Atlanta rapper Quentin Miller, above, could be Drake's ghostwriter, as his name actually appears in the credits to a number of songs on Drake's If You're Reading this It's Too Late, as well as the Meek Mill track in question. As some close to the matter have suggested, there could be more as well.
Lets keep a MILLION, did it ever occur to yall that QM wrote on MORE than the songs he got writer credits for? Making him a ghostwriter
— Steven Dingle (@stevozone4) July 22, 2015

Whether Miller writes more than he's actually credited for remains to be seen

CBC Music

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
so rappers meek mill and mac miller are not the same person, rappers aesop rock and asap rocky are not the same person...do these people even know about rap before they pick a name?

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
lol - saw that yesterday. quite funny.

still, as a rapper, HOW do you not know who Aesop Rock is? Probably hadn't even heard of Def Jux either.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

derek

TRIBE Member
actually, i've really been enjoying the new A$AP Rocky ablum. It's very well produced. A few of the tracks are quite hypnotic.

Haven't heard Meek Mills

I had hopes for Vince Staples but the new album is bland.

This is not from his new album

[YOUTUBE]62ST_xsaZUI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]TyP2PCxMdns[/YOUTUBE]

Drake using a ghostwriter is hardly a surprise. Never really liked his flow (I respect what's he's accomplished though)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders