1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

dragons den again

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by mr chris, Mar 31, 2010.

1. mr chris

mr chris TRIBE Member

well i've took the plunge and entered the dragons den greenvention
    contest. hope i have a shot at it. my entry vid is not the best but at least
    my product is good as compared to other entries.

Dragons' Den | CBC Television

it's the 3rdfoam one...

2. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

3. mr chris

mr chris TRIBE Member

thanks

4. OutcastTO

OutcastTO TRIBE Member

good luck!

5. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

love dragons den, I'll be watching for ya!!

6. green_souljah

green_souljah TRIBE Member

One of my favorite shows at the moment!

7. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

Don't think you'll make it with that video, sorry. Not crapping here - constructive criticism. What would you use money for: "Ideas"? "tip of the iceberg"?. Come on, you've seen the show, they'll eat you alive!

Here's my feedback:

You're gonna have to give firm numbers. Cost to produce, cost to sell, profit margins. Competitors? Customers? Sales? You should not be standing amidst trash in your video, you should be showing how this product can be used and where. These guys don't care about the environment as much as they care about the money they can make. This isn't a charity pie-in-the-sky hail mary giveaway type of show, it's a feasible business type of show. Although I think your idea is great, I don't like your pitch and think you can improve it.

(just giving you my honest advice based on watching this show, watching people fail selling their idea. I applaud you for your ingenuity and your idea, and the product you've created)

8. mr chris

mr chris TRIBE Member

i have firm sales, product is excepted and approved in canada/usa/world (fully tested by civil engineering agencies) patent pending on process. no competition as i'm the only one making this material. profit margin is very good as i control pricing. plus i have a few aces up my sleeve such as building all the equipment, no debt, the only approved material in certain civil applications, etc. some details i have to keep under my hat though until the show.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  9. mudbunny

mudbunny TRIBE Member

hope you make it to the finals!