1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Discussion in 'Technology' started by RumRogerz, Dec 15, 2014.

1. RumRogerz

RumRogerz TRIBE Member

Been playing this game for the last week... perhaps far too much. I've clocked in about 70 hours and I don't see an end in sight. Im not complaining though - it's incredibly fun. Graphics are top shelf, entertainment value is tits. Totally worth the 60 bucks. Loving every mission.

I continually find myself doing side quest upon side quest and completely ignoring the main story unless my options are exhausted. My only qualms with that is that I find when I DO go to a major story point, I'm so overpowered I coast through any major battles.

2. G3N3R4L

G3N3R4L TRIBE Member

I really liked DA1. But really found DA2 quite lackluster and it just didn't have near the same draw for me.

How would you compare DA:I?

3. RumRogerz

RumRogerz TRIBE Member

Very much like DA1. They brought back combat queuing, which is nice. The story isn't the linear mess that DA2 was. DA2 pissed me off a bunch. I stopped playing it half way through.

Inquisition is a very.... big..... big game. There are some regions in that world that will take you hours and hours to go through. The first major region (The Hinterlands) took me roughly 18 hours to get through - what with all the side quests and fighting. It seems almost endless at times. You can tell this game is super Canadian. The two kingdoms divided are French and English speaking. I thought that was neat. There are soooo many things to do in this game. Check out the videos and reviews on the net - the proof is in the pudding.

Dragon slaying ftw, btw. Some of those dragons are a serious bitch to kill.

4. G3N3R4L

G3N3R4L TRIBE Member

Ok, after watching some reviews, some chargen stuff. I will take the plunge!

5. greginhali

greginhali TRIBE Member

Is it similar to Skyrim? I have been waiting forever to get into a game that mirrors that game. I like the idea of nonlinear story lines, where i can jump from mission to mission and do what I feel like. Plus big worlds and dragon slaying is awesome.

6. G3N3R4L

G3N3R4L TRIBE Member

Pretty neat, took all my choices and major plot decisions from earlier games and uploaded them so a few of the interactions will reflect that.

7. G3N3R4L

G3N3R4L TRIBE Member

It is similar to Skyrim, but there are some notable differences. You cannot go first person mode, and it definitely feels a lot more arcade-y.

I like it for different reasons than Skyrim, but you will definitely get the open quest world / RPG fix.

The world is as big as Skyrim I would say, but the areas are not one giant plane. It is more of a honeycomb approach where you jump into a hunk of the game world. It still feels quite large and expansive.

8. Hipsterave

Hipsterave TRIBE Promoter

I am wrapped up in this game right now and its hands down the best RPG I have ever played. There is depth to the characters, intricate story lines, changing landscapes and so many fun side quests. I like the war room too which helps you in the game itself.

One question: What would be the point of kicking a member out of the inquisition? I see the option come up often.

The only character I would think to get rid of is Sera shes a clown. Cole I keep thinking might one day go postal so that's a consideration too.

I was able to seduce Casandra. Can you have multiple relationships? Cant seem to court anyone else.

9. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

Is there anything major that you miss if you were to start with this game and not play DA1 or 2?

10. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

you can go to the origins site, and basically enter a bunch of choices for the first two, and then you get a mini movie that will update you everything that happened.

if you input all that with your account linked to your current game, the choices will have a small effect on things in this game apparently.

11. JoshuaReid

JoshuaReid TRIBE Member

Ive been so addicted to this game. Only at about 25-26hrs in so far (i also love the fact that I can actual precursor the 25-26hrs with ONLY as i know this has at least 80hrs+ gameplay)

That said, question to people. Do you change up your party often? Ive recruited a ton of available chars to the inquisition but typically use the same 3 every time. I assume down the road when I hit higher levels, i need to think more strategy but right now its pretty much always Mage (me), Mage (Dorian), Rogue (Varric) and Warrior (Iron Bull).

Would love to get some opinons on how people are playing?

Also, have you respec'd often? Just for main char or for others too?