• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

dr. cosa on Nietzsche

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
Like a cry I traverse wide seas, till I find the Blessed isles where my friends sojourn; And my enemies amongst them! How I now love every one to whom I may but speak! Even my enemies pertain to my bliss.

Like a storm comes my happiness, . Yes, you will be alarmed by my wild wisdom; and perhaps you will flee therefrom, along with my enemies. My wild wisdom became pregnant on the lonesome mountains; on the rough stones did she bear the youngest of her young.

Now runs she foolishly in the arid wilderness, and seeks and seeks the soft sward- my old, wild wisdom!

THUS SPOKE ZARATHUSTRA by Friedrich Nietzsche

------

dr. cosa MD
doctor of everything, healer of nothing

Onthereals

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Flashy_McFlash
Nietzsche is probably my favourite Nazi.
The idea that Nietzsche is a nazi is completely incorrect. If one actually reads what he wrote one will see that his philosophy has many glaring differences that are incompatible with nazi thought. Nietzsche felt it would be wrong to persecute jews, he also felt that there was no superiority among certain races.

The reason why most people associate him with Nazi thought was because after his mental breakdown, when he couldnt really take care of himself, his sister, who was affiliated with the early nazi parties, started to take his work and edit it to suit her nazi thoughts, when he really had no more control over his written work.

It is unfortunate that many people will not even try and read his work because they assume that he was a nazi, therefore evil. I think the real criticism of him comes from him being a misogynist.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

AshG

Originally posted by Onthereals
The idea that Nietzsche is a nazi is completely incorrect. If one actually reads what he wrote one will see that his philosophy has many glaring differences that are incompatible with nazi thought. Nietzsche felt it would be wrong to persecute jews, he also felt that there was no superiority among certain races.

The reason why most people associate him with Nazi thought was because after his mental breakdown, when he couldnt really take care of himself, his sister, who was affiliated with the early nazi parties, started to take his work and edit it to suit her nazi thoughts, when he really had no more control over his written work.

It is unfortunate that many people will not even try and read his work because they assume that he was a nazi, therefore evil. I think the real criticism of him comes from him being a misogynist.
so true.
he actively opposed them.

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
For I want to go to man once more: I want to go under among them, I want to give them, dying, my richest gift! / From the sun when it goes down, that superabundant star, I learned this: then, from inexhaustible riches it pours out gold into the sea - / so that the poorest fisherman rows with golden oars!

Thus Spoke Zarathustra

p.s. Heidegger was the card carrying Nazi...and disturbingly, i still think he's one of the greatest minds of the twentieth century.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by le bricoleur

p.s. Heidegger was the card carrying Nazi...and disturbingly, i still think he's one of the greatest minds of the twentieth century.
That's the one!

I think we took them both in the same week in the one philosophy class I ever took.

HE'S my favourite Nazi. Nietsche can eat a fat dick.

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Flashy_McFlash

I think we took them both in the same week in the one philosophy class I ever took.

that's pretty hardcore.

i can easily understand them both being taught together, say in an existentialism course, but to read those two dudes with no other philosophical background must have been challenging.

b

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by le bricoleur
that's pretty hardcore.

i can easily understand them both being taught together, say in an existentialism course, but to read those two dudes with no other philosophical background must have been challenging.

b
As I'm sure you can tell from my posts, neither was covered in great detail. :p

My prof focussed more on comparing the two than going through the individual opinions of either one.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories