• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

dr. cosa is spanish?

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
growing up, seemed like all the kids wanted to be black, i just wanted to be spanish.

----------------------------------------------

at work yesterday an injured worker i have been assigned to came into to my office to meet me in person to discuss his case.

Mr. X had his shoulder crushed by a printing press several years ago, it has left him with little use of his right arm. being right handed made things all the more difficult. he is about 2 months from finishing a re-training program as a social worker, he's passing with flying colours.

after years of speaking on the phone he just wanted to meet in person to say thanks. Mr. X didnt speak english very well but he thought my last name sounded spanish, so he had a list of phrases written down in spanish.

"buenos diaz Senor Cosa" he shouted when i first met him in the lobby, grinning ear to ear. "bueno!!!" i said back, not really sure if i was getting it right, but deep inside I just wanted to pretend i was really spanish if only for a moment.

we talked about school and what he planned to do in 2 months when cut loose in the world of work. even though its against the rules he offered me a gift, a $20 gift card from Loblaws he thought i would like. (but he wasnt sure if they carried the kind of groceries spanish people buy.)

Mr. X doesnt really know me, he thinks im nice but doesnt realize that he is legally entitled to everything he has gotten up to now. but i wasnt about to tell him that, i kind of revelled in the surrealness of the moment, where i was this spanish guy who helped someone out.

it was a nice gesture by him, a simple but heartfelt one you rarely get from folks in my job. its reminds me that the 9 people who spill-out their anger are just softening you up for the 1 out of 10 that says something really nice.

it reminds me of that line from that movie starring that guy and the girl:

"the sweet never tasted so sweet without the sour"

im not sure how it applies to this story but im not spanish either, im not even a doctor..... but thats another story for another day.

be safe,

dr. cosa MD

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders