1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Downloaded video doesn't have sound

Discussion in 'Technology' started by LeoGirl, Mar 3, 2010.

1. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

I finally figured out how to download a bunch of pictures and video's to my computer (a new laptop can give you the motivation), but for some reason the sound didn't transfer in the video's.

I double checked to make sure I wasn't crazy and there is sound in the video's on my phone.

Any idea why, or how I can correct this?

My phone is a Samsung Instinct (M800, i think)

2. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

What file type is it once it's on the computer?

3. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

files names are all numbered.

names are like this:

00:01:23
    5.13 mb

when I select file type is says: 3GPP2 Audio/Video

4. dstarr

dstarr TRIBE Member

What are you using to play the videos? Widows Media Player?

I have problems with sound when I use WMP so I downloaded VLC player and now I'm gold.

5. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

yes. WMP. I'll have the SO look into VLC but I won't be happy about it.

Pet Peeve: unnecessary programs on my computer. I like my desktop clean and really don't want a ton of programs that I don't know anything about. I'm a simple user and some would say I have really bad luck with computers (bzzzt). I just want to be able to surf, download my picutres/vids (from my own camera), and use office when necessary. Perhaps it'll expand as I explore what's out there but for now, I want to keep it as simple as possible.

If there is a way to fix this without having to download another program it would be my preferrence.

6. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Sorry babe. My quick research on the subject shows you are going to need to download a program to convert the file. VLC might not even play it with audio.

7. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

8. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

*snickers to herself*
    FYI I use VLC for everything. you want it, trust me, im very smart about this stuff. if you have any questions you just come to me babe, I practically run the fucking internet now ;)