• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Doug Ford, Premier

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
I fully support the first sentence but the American example isn’t the way we want to do that. It’s an abject failure for them. Why would it be any different for us?

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
I think just getting the Councillor/MP/MPP for each voting district become more directly responsible to the electorate would be a significant step in itself. This already happens in some of the States down south. Recent examples include judges, sheriffs and governors who have been recalled due to some scandal or other, and other positions are limited to two terms, similar to the terms limits for the US President. There is nothing similar in Canada, with appointments for life, for the Senate and Supreme Courts, and multigenerational terms for Stephen Harper, Jean Chretien, and other regimes in the various provinces.
All of the positions that you referenced are “voted” in in the US. Not so here. ...and voting those kinds of people in raises another kind of issue, where fair and unbalanced judgement/application of the law is concerned.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
All of the positions that you referenced are “voted” in in the US. Not so here. ...and voting those kinds of people in raises another kind of issue, where fair and unbalanced judgement/application of the law is concerned.
You're talking about a disenfranchisement issue rather than an argument against the execution of a democratic ideal.

Edit: democracy hasn't ever apply to everyone. There's always a non-voting populace, like slaves, temporary residents, people from other regions or religions. I don't consider myself disenfranchised but I don't vote also.

In terms of unbalanced judgment/application what would you call out? (this for US local recall voting for sheriffs, prosecutors, governors and also term limits?)

Last edited:

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
5 hours and counting with a friend in critical care at St.Mike’s. Just finally spun one up and hit the street to get a breathe. I will say this...

Those two machines were binging and pinging and nobody came, forever.

I’ve learned more about the machines that go -“PING” - tonight than I ever thought I would. I can silence, reset and troubleshoot without supervision. Excellent, user-friendly software. I’m fully responsible for the flow of fluids at this point.

Not asking to be paid nurses wages for my services but - it’d be nice if Rob Ford’s brother could toss a few rechargeable batteries to the medical system, so the fucking things don’t start “PINGING” every time my friend has to unplug them to go to the bathroom.

Last edited:

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Fuck the police

Here’s a tip... They’re NOT constitutional.

Rob Ford’s brother isn’t a clown, he’s an entire circus. He doesn’t have a clue about anything beyond slinging dope from a hatch-back in 1981.

Last edited:

wickedken

TRIBE Member
5 hours and counting with a friend in critical care at St.Mike’s. Just finally spun one up and hit the street to get a breathe. I will say this...

Those two machines were binging and pinging and nobody came, forever.

I’ve learned more about the machines that go -“PING” - tonight than I ever thought I would. I can silence, reset and troubleshoot without supervision. Excellent, user-friendly software. I’m fully responsible for the flow of fluids at this point.

Not asking to be paid nurses wages for my services but - it’d be nice if Rob Ford’s brother could toss a few rechargeable batteries to the medical system, so the fucking things don’t start “PINGING” every time my friend has to unplug them to go to the bathroom.
Hope everything's ok. Don't like the St Mike's visits.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Hope everything's ok. Don't like the St Mike's visits.
Thanks man. Yeah. Nasty. She’s been on lithium, which is a brutal element for anyone to have to take. Her doctor over prescribed the amount. Kidney’s were down to 5% function. They said that if she hadn’t gone in, she would have been dead within a couple of days.

She’ll be ok. ...but doctors are the biggest drug-dealers around. When they prescribe known toxins as medication, the Hippocratic oath indicates that they’re responsible for monitoring progress. I’m going to make sure that hers is held to account for this.

Scary stuff.

Last edited: