• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Doug Ford, Premier

wickedken

TRIBE Member
[QUOTE="Bernnie Federko, post: 4768375, member: 7838"
What makes you think I thought your beloved Fordo adminstration was gonna play out any differently than expected?
[/QUOTE]

It's mainly because of your tweets.

Last edited:

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Sham

The Ontario government paid $40,000 for the “talent search” that led to the hiring of Premier Doug Ford’s friend

The Ontario government paid $40,000 for the talent search that led to the hiring of Premier Doug Ford’s friend, Toronto Police Superintendent Ron Taverner, as the province’s top police officer – an appointment that was later aborted amid allegations of cronyism.

Newly released records, obtained by The Globe and Mail through the Freedom of Information Act, show that a “flat fee rate” of $40,000 was paid to Odgers Berndtson, the recruiting firm contracted to help find a new commissioner of the Ontario Provincial Police in the fall of 2018.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Sham

The Ontario government paid $40,000 for the “talent search” that led to the hiring of Premier Doug Ford’s friend

The Ontario government paid $40,000 for the talent search that led to the hiring of Premier Doug Ford’s friend, Toronto Police Superintendent Ron Taverner, as the province’s top police officer – an appointment that was later aborted amid allegations of cronyism.

Newly released records, obtained by The Globe and Mail through the Freedom of Information Act, show that a “flat fee rate” of $40,000 was paid to Odgers Berndtson, the recruiting firm contracted to help find a new commissioner of the Ontario Provincial Police in the fall of 2018.
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. What 40K earning taxpayer wouldn’t donate their yearly salary to the search for the head of Ontario’s biggest and most incompetent gang?

The problem is this pesky “knowledge and fact” thing. Folks put far too much emphasis on accountability these days. They said what they said and spent what they spent. They have the purse. Suck it up.

Have some fucking pride in your swindlers - you ingrate, working-class swine.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. What 40K earning taxpayer wouldn’t donate their yearly salary to the search for the head of Ontario’s biggest and most incompetent gang?

The problem is this pesky “knowledge and fact” thing. Folks put far too much emphasis on accountability these days. They said what they said and spent what they spent. They have the purse. Suck it up.

Have some fucking pride in your swindlers - you ingrate, working-class swine.
You think that money wouldn't have been anyways?

Last edited:

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
You think that money wouldn't have been anyways?
Yeah. It would have been flushed. ...but that doesn’t change the fact that I care about where it’s flushed and by whom. The care-free spending of tax dollars, in the midst of cuts to key services is of paramount concern.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Yeah. It would have been flushed. ...but that doesn’t change the fact that I care about where it’s flushed and by whom. The care-free spending of tax dollars, in the midst of cuts to key services is of paramount concern.
So what do you think when all the governments seem to do this?

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
So what do you think when all the governments seem to do this?
I’m pretty sure my ample, non-partisan posts about fiscal responsibility speak for themselves. Here are the Coles Notes...

Parliamentary responsibility is intended to be a public service. They work for us, NOT the other way around. These nepotistic, hack fucking careerists want nothing more than to get their hands on the public purse and disseminate OUR money, as they see fit.

I don’t care if you’re blue, red, orange or purple. When you get the purse strings, I want to know where my money is going. I want a line by line. I want basic accountability. I have and will never subscribe to a specific party, as a part of my political identity. I take them and call them as they come.

...and there are scraper fucking clowns, fighting for the purse, from all sides. It just happens that the present clown at the helm is a dodgy, lying, scamming, seat-of-the-pants scum-bag - from a LONG line of scumbags.

Clear enough?

Last edited:

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
They were led to think they were part of a wide number of breweries participating, and ended up losing money and embarassing themselves.
To summarize, they lay down with dogs, and came out with fleas.

Last edited:

wickedken

TRIBE Member
I’m pretty sure my ample, non-partisan posts about fiscal responsibility speak for themselves. Here are the Coles Notes...

Parliamentary responsibility is intended to be a public service. They work for us, NOT the other way around. These nepotistic, hack fucking careerists want nothing more than to get their hands on the public purse and disseminate OUR money, as they see fit.

I don’t care if you’re blue, red, orange or purple. When you get the purse strings, I want to know where my money is going. I want a line by line. I want basic accountability. I have and will never subscribe to a specific party, as a part of my political identity. I take them and call them as they come.

...and there are scraper fucking clowns, fighting for the purse, from all sides. It just happens that the present clown at the helm is a dodgy, lying, scamming, seat-of-the-pants scum-bag - from a LONG line of scumbags.

Clear enough?
It's nice to see someone who appreciates the principles of democracy.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
It's nice to see someone who appreciates the principles of democracy.
The Constitution and principles of democracy are all we have to separate us from the nasty alternatives. They’re worth checking, guarding and - as those who remember or study know - fighting for.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
The Constitution and principles of democracy are all we have to separate us from the nasty alternatives. They’re worth checking, guarding and - as those who remember or study know - fighting for.
We've been fortunate to have a society that respects rule of law and the US/Canadian constitutions/etc. But in terms of changing the democratic power structure there's nothing. Wasn't Trudeau supposed to change the voting system?

Last edited:

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
We've been fortunate to have a society that respects rule of law and the US/Canadian constitutions/etc. But in terms of changing the democratic power structure there's nothing. Wasn't Trudeau supposed to change the voting system?
Yeah. Pony Boy was supposed to alter first past the post. He also campaigned on opposition to C-51 but then ended up supporting it, saying he’d amend the “bad parts” later. I’ll insert the word “cunt” into his description, right here.

He hasn’t done shit, besides milking his spoon-fed existence and feeding my hard-earned money to his friends.

JUST like the rest.

If someone reaches this level in federal or provincial politics and breaks these kind of promises, they should be held accountable. I don’t give rat’s ass about the party. A lying sack of shit is a lying sack of shit - regardless of stripe.

Shame that the average Canadian can’t get past the colour on a bumper sticker. Mom, dad and uncle Larry’s politics trickle down. People vote on what they grew up with. They don’t do their own research. The present generation get all their knowledge from the internet - factoids and memes. Good enough for them.

Fucking bloody HELL for those of us who have a clue. ;)

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Yeah. Pony Boy was supposed to alter first past the post. He also campaigned on opposition to C-51 but then ended up supporting it, saying he’d amend the “bad parts” later. I’ll insert the word “cunt” into his description, right here.

He hasn’t done shit, besides milking his spoon-fed existence and feeding my hard-earned money to his friends.

JUST like the rest.

If someone reaches this level in federal or provincial politics and breaks these kind of promises, they should be held accountable. I don’t give rat’s ass about the party. A lying sack of shit is a lying sack of shit - regardless of stripe.

Shame that the average Canadian can’t get past the colour on a bumper sticker. Mom, dad and uncle Larry’s politics trickle down. People vote on what they grew up with. They don’t do their own research. The present generation get all their knowledge from the internet - factoids and memes. Good enough for them.

Fucking bloody HELL for those of us who have a clue. ;)
Seems to me no one even wants to contemplate recall legislation and term limits but these are greats ways to keep democracy active.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Seems to me no one even wants to contemplate recall legislation and term limits but these are greats ways to keep democracy active.
You’re onto something there. Those ARE decent ways to keep democracy flowing. Another would be a mandatory, full and independent accounting of the purse. The auditor doesn’t cut it. When’s the last time we had a government - at ANY level - who didn’t try to cook the books during an election?

wickedken

TRIBE Member
You’re onto something there. Those ARE decent ways to keep democracy flowing. Another would be a mandatory, full and independent accounting of the purse. The auditor doesn’t cut it. When’s the last time we had a government - at ANY level - who didn’t try to cook the books during an election?
I think just getting the Councillor/MP/MPP for each voting district become more directly responsible to the electorate would be a significant step in itself. This already happens in some of the States down south. Recent examples include judges, sheriffs and governors who have been recalled due to some scandal or other, and other positions are limited to two terms, similar to the terms limits for the US President. There is nothing similar in Canada, with appointments for life, for the Senate and Supreme Courts, and multigenerational terms for Stephen Harper, Jean Chretien, and other regimes in the various provinces.

Last edited: